Feather pecking

• 1 Replies

Frizzle1

• Experienced Member
Feather pecking
« on: October 05, 2015, 21:05 »
Please can someone help me I'm at a loose end as what to do. I have 6 silkie bantams 3 black and 3 white. My once docile White hen Millie has suddenly turned very violent towards my black hens. I think it's more than just feather pecking, she growels when they go near her or if anything goes near her. Suddenly she puffs right up and violently attacks the black hens biting them and growling at them. It seems too violent for normal feather pecking as I've had that before. I bought some anti peck spray which made no difference at all, infact she seemed to like the taste and made her worse. Within 15 minuets of applying it two of my hens were down on their sides and were unable to balance so I rushed in and bathed them left them indoors to dry and they seemed fine afterwards. The hen I have separated into a cage and I'm worried about putting her back with the others. Can anyone please help I'm at my wits end and worried thanks

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Feather pecking
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 21:20 »
Hi Frizzle1

I can see Newshoot has replied on your other thread, so I'll lock this one to make sure everything stays in one place.  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Feather pecking

Started by Flowerpower136 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 30, 2016, 19:41
by Flowerpower136
xx
Feather Pecking

Started by Miller on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post July 30, 2009, 20:02
by coxyMFC
xx
feather pecking

Started by ken2 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 17, 2010, 14:37
by chooksbury
xx
feather pecking

Started by Shazzer on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 20, 2008, 16:55
by Bodger

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 38 queries.