The stages of chicken life

• 4 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
The stages of chicken life
« on: February 26, 2015, 18:56 »
Watching my lot this morning it dawned on me that there were several definite stages to the life of my chooks  :lol:

Girls                                                                              Boys

Youngster      Timid and a bit scared of their own shadow, but                A bit cautious, but already testing the
                    ready to explore the world, already making friends            boundaries and seeing if they could be
                    and alliances                                                                  top dog

Teenage        Brazen and cheeky, I can run faster than the older            Showing off, strutting their stuff and
                    girls, so the treat is in my beak and catch me if                 doing some serious posing
                    you can

Adult            Settled down and learned some manners now, got             See above
                    their place in the pecking order sorted and life is
                    pretty much well ordered, until mealworms appear
                    on the scene - then its every girl for herself

Old age         A coop matriarch now, able to stop a fellow run mate         See above (it might take you a bit
                    in her tracks with a stare, even got your human                 longer to get going in the morning
                    watching their Ps and Qs round you as your                       on your achy old legs, but you've
                    disapproval is obvious if they get it wrong                          still got it  ;)

themagicaltoad1

Re: The stages of chicken life
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 19:23 »
Yep, that just about sums them up :D

Mrs Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 19:54 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolutely, especially the teenage phase. :lol:

Springlands

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:40 »
 :lol:  Brilliant.  :lol:  We don't have any boys at present but it certainly describes our girls.

JohnRKaye

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 20:11 »
Watching my lot this morning it dawned on me that there were several definite stages to the life of my chooks  :lol:

Girls                                                                              Boys

Youngster      Timid and a bit scared of their own shadow, but                A bit cautious, but already testing the
                    ready to explore the world, already making friends            boundaries and seeing if they could be
                    and alliances                                                                  top dog

Teenage        Brazen and cheeky, I can run faster than the older            Showing off, strutting their stuff and
                    girls, so the treat is in my beak and catch me if                 doing some serious posing
                    you can

Adult            Settled down and learned some manners now, got             See above
                    their place in the pecking order sorted and life is
                    pretty much well ordered, until mealworms appear
                    on the scene - then its every girl for herself

Old age         A coop matriarch now, able to stop a fellow run mate         See above (it might take you a bit
                    in her tracks with a stare, even got your human                 longer to get going in the morning
                    watching their Ps and Qs round you as your                       on your achy old legs, but you've
                    disapproval is obvious if they get it wrong                          still got it  ;)

xx
New life

Started by tosca100 on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post January 27, 2016, 22:32
by nerdle
xx
Here for life!!!

Started by Livinhope on Chicken Chat

23 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 11:30
by dizzylizzie
xx
Life in the old girl yet!

Started by Chrysalis on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post January 26, 2014, 21:51
by barley
xx
life a riley

Started by amj on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 08:37
by curries

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 40 queries.