First order of seeds from Seekay

• 13 Replies

chillimummy

First order of seeds from Seekay
« on: May 03, 2018, 16:49 »
After reading Johns newsletter and needing some seeds, have just got my first delivery of seeds from Seekay.
Ordered 10 pack, quite restrained  :lol:
Prices seem good and delivery of 65p is brilliant. :)
Trying spaghetti squash again after total failure a couple of years ago and sweetcorn mini pop for first time.
Problem is I've no pots free to start sowing them all  ;)
Going to get all my tomatoes into bottomless pots in grow bags at weekend though sowed too many again so won't all fit in greenhouse, again  :D
Taking all my peas and oregon sugar snaps to plot.
Never fails to be exciting getting a seed delivery   :)

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Mr Dog

Re: First order of seeds from Seekay
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 17:53 »
Have used them for a while and have always had good results.

chillimummy

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 22:57 »
Have used them for a while and have always had good results.
Thanks Mr Dog
That's good to know.
Am going to start sowing my squash, pumpkin, courgette and pak choi at the weekend

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 23:42 »
Don't forget - 10% off with code JHTEN

I've felt for some time that the big seed companies have become too marketing orientated - which all costs money and that's reflected in the price. Seekay actually sell a lot more seeds than you might think and offer a fair range at exceptional prices.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

lettice

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 08:38 »
Been using them for years for some of my seeds.
Buy from Amazon and delivery is quick and very well packaged.
All seeds have been brilliant that I've used over the years.
Their Turnip Purple Milan, Cobra bean, Amsterdam Forcing carrot Chanteray Red carrot have produced the best turnip, cobra and carrot crops last few years I've ever grown.
last year I grew their cherry bell radish, they were just wonderful.
Their parsley is reliable too, tried moss, Italian and flat types.
I also grew some of their Connovers and Mary Washington Asparagus from seed last few years and have loads of plants now to go in this year in a new Asparagus plot.

The starter of the post mentioned a newsletter, is that available on this site somewhere to read? Tried looking but could not find it, just found some kind of an add for an email address to get it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:45 by lettice »

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 09:44 »
The starter of the post mentioned a newsletter, is that available on this site somewhere to read? Tried looking but could not find it, just found some kind of an add for an email address to get it.
It's not online - the newsletter goes out on email once a month, usually the first Tuesday. You can sign up for it here: Monthly Free Newsletter for Allotment Growers and Gardeners

lettice

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 12:35 »
It's not online - the newsletter goes out on email once a month, usually the first Tuesday. You can sign up for it here: Monthly Free Newsletter for Allotment Growers and Gardeners

Oh ok that was what I found.
Old kind of newsletter emailed then. Not for me, would rather it was just online somewhere to browse. 

madcat

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 14:59 »
A rare grumble about Kings seeds (allotment society) today - the pack said enough for 50 plants.  But inside only 37 kernels.    :( What miracle do they expect to happen there?   >:(
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 22:01 »
Old kind of newsletter emailed then. Not for me, would rather it was just online somewhere to browse.
Yeah, and then you'd be whining and moaning that an offer code hadn't worked because you hadn't realised it was a newsletter from a year ago.

chillimummy

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 22:47 »
Yeah, and then you'd be whining and moaning that an offer code hadn't worked because you hadn't realised it was a newsletter from a year ago.
I used your offer code John so got some money off but it was the low delivery cost that impressed me most.
Main seed companies might have offers on but then delivery is always about £5.
Have found real seeds quite low delivery cost but if get good results with these seeds then will stick with them.
And I really like your newsletter John and always find it really useful  :lol:

Mr Dog

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 22:08 »
Without wishing to distract anyone from signing up to John's excellent newsletter, the Seekay shop on the well known internet auction site currently has 20% off purchases of 5 or more items - normally there is free p&p on purchases of 10 items or more but I can't see if that is still offered (looking at mobile rather than full site).

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 23:51 »
That's interesting Mr Dog - I went onto Ebay just and couldn't see that offer but I'll ask them about it - was that recently you saw it? If you could send me a link to it (PM or post as you wish) it would be helpful. I get a lot of people ask about putting offers into the newsletter but my criteria are it has to be something individual to my readers of additional value and something I think they will probably want.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 11:38 »
I've spoken with them - basically they sell via their own web site, Ebay and Amazon. But the prices they sell at vary as do delivery charges depending on where sold. Ebay sellers also suffer a lot of 'it didn't arrive claims' which is reflected in the charges. So the answer is yes Mr Dog - you can get 20% off the Ebay price ...
Obviously the cost of sending out a few packets of seeds would be ridiculous if they were sent tracked - and sadly there are a lot of dishonest people about. That's why I won't sell my books on Ebay (although others do) -

Mr Dog

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 17:25 »
I've spoken with them - basically they sell via their own web site, Ebay and Amazon. But the prices they sell at vary as do delivery charges depending on where sold. Ebay sellers also suffer a lot of 'it didn't arrive claims' which is reflected in the charges. So the answer is yes Mr Dog - you can get 20% off the Ebay price ...
Obviously the cost of sending out a few packets of seeds would be ridiculous if they were sent tracked - and sadly there are a lot of dishonest people about. That's why I won't sell my books on Ebay (although others do) -

Hi John. I've just seen your posts. With only a quick check I suspect your 10% off and the 20% I quoted probably work out pretty much the same. I've never had a problem ordering from them on eBay but I can understand that some people are inclined to try it on when ordering through that route.

Whichever method folk choose I certainly recommend them!

xx
how are you getting on with your next years seed order

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post November 23, 2023, 13:05
by coldandwindy
xx
Re: Cancelled Trashco order

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 22, 2024, 18:13
by Yorkie
xx
Why have the latest posts by date not been in order?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 01, 2019, 16:55
by Goosegirl
xx
How to divide a fish and chip order...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post October 22, 2017, 18:42
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 53 queries.