Tomatoes

• 3 Replies

potherb

Tomatoes
« on: March 15, 2018, 11:37 »
I  want to grow tomatoes, this year from garden center plants i would like to know the best compost to use also the best feed. grew some last year but a friend gave me the plants and they where quite big
so i just stuck them in pots and watered them and they gave me a lot of fruit.but this year i would like to do it right .  any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:11 by DD. »

lettice

Re: Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 12:02 »
Sounds to me, what you did last year produced a good crop, so perhaps stick with that method.
There really is no exacting way and you will notice on here that we all grow tomatoes and many types in all kinds of ways. So watch the forums and the differing ways we grow them.

Have a look at the growing guides for tomatoes on this site. It tells you all you need to know about growing toms.

Growing Tomatoes - How to Grow Tomatoes - Allotment & Gardens
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:11 by DD. »

Dev

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 19:37 »
How much space have you got? I plant toms in the greenhouse border and water about once a week on average. If you're growing in pots or grow bags you need to water more often. They are pretty hardy, so either repeat what you did last year or look at giving them a bit more room. Also, it's not too late to buy a packet of seeds of, say, Sungold and grow them on. Whatever - enjoy the freshness  of them.

Tracybutton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 20:32 »
I always use sheep muck in a leg of tights and soaked in a bucket method for my tomato plants as I try and use natural feed. However,  I must say that my fellow plotters who use Tomorite always have better plants than me.  :D

xx
Tomatoes

Started by Jae Dawn on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 15:20
by sclarke624
xx
tomatoes

Started by bridgeford on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post March 27, 2007, 18:18
by Sadgit
xx
Tomatoes - how do you do yours?

Started by Jo Loves Veg on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 04, 2013, 22:13
by Totty
xx
Tomatoes

Started by Flump on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 08, 2012, 21:11
by Flump

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 38 queries.