Lion poo

• 19 Replies

DannyBoy230

Lion poo
« on: January 27, 2009, 15:13 »
Does anyone know anywhere I can get some decent lion poo?

I'm having terrible bother with cats... :(

Gardeningguru

Re: Lion poo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 15:20 »

Does that really scare them off?

Incidentally I wonder if cat "doings" actually cause any harm, or danger, other than the physical disruption to the earths surface. (which can be a problem if you have sown seeds). An of course accidentally getting your hands in amongst it.  *eeeek*

woodburner

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 15:31 »
Tom cats' spray scorches conifers too.
I'm pretty sure I have seen it in garden centres, but failing that you could try your nearest zoo.
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

Kagganz

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 16:50 »

Under a lions bum ???? :unsure:

DIGGER

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 17:20 »
Now,where did i put that lion poo

Etherelda

• Experienced Member
    • http://fernanddavesallotment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 18:06 »
I 've come across it on demonstrations, as a deterrant to police horses. But god knows where it came from. Perhaps London Zoo, or students on Zoology courses?!! ::)
"Do not sit supine in God's Waiting Room."

themoog

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 18:44 »
Only place I've seen it sold is Chester Zoo although I'm hoping that they don't just send you in with a bucket and a shovel  :unsure:.
My music teacher was right. If you have to make a mistake, make it good and big and loud; with a bit of luck people will think that it was always meant to be like that.

Chappers

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 19:46 »
Copy and paste this link, worked for me and your not likely to get eaten trying to collect it  ::)

http://www.silentroaronline.com/?gclid=CO-vhpPBr5gCFUwb3god20CXTw

Chappers
Chappers

27th on the waiting list !!! NOT

Now a 1/3 plot owner :-)

Riala

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 19:53 »
I have had trouble with the neighbours cats in my garden since August last year. 

I have tried everything, and I mean Everything!

The only sucess I have ever had, is a sonic emitter that is triggered when a cat comes near my garden, and one of them night light/spot lights that come on, again, when a cat comes near the garden.

I have tried chemicals, sprays, citrus peels, water sprayers, all sorts.  The sonic thingy combined with the night light works a treat.  Only problem is, the sonic thing takes 2x9v batteries which I seem to have to replace every couple of weeks.

AndyRVTR

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 20:31 »
You used to be able to buy it on Ebay... not sure about now though...

wighty

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 20:35 »
Scotts make a product called 'Roar' which is very good.  On our Petanque pitch we use the real stuff from the the IOW Zoo.  Apparently a cat walks round the corner and sniffs it and says(in her best Owen voice) B$$$Er Me)that  is one 'big cat, I'm not going there again. It works for us!

Stripey_cat

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 21:10 »
Incidentally I wonder if cat "doings" actually cause any harm, or danger, other than the physical disruption to the earths surface. (which can be a problem if you have sown seeds). An of course accidentally getting your hands in amongst it.  *eeeek*

There are diseases you can catch.  Toxoplasmosis is the one everyone worries about, as a lot of outdoor cats are carriers (you can also get it from eating undercooked meat).  It isn't much of a problem for healthy adults (although there is some evidence starting to show up that dormant infection might be linked to increased risk of car crashes, as your reactions are slower), but if you're immunocompromised it can be very nasty (encephalitis and liver failure are among the possibilities), and first exposure during pregnancy can damage the foetus as well.

horsepooisgood

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 08:48 »
Watched a war film once about a prison camp, they had machine gun posts every so often, I reckon that is probably the only way I'm gonna get rid of the orrible things from my garden. :tongue2:

penance

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 09:34 »
I have 4 cats that love to dig the veg plot. Simple and easy solution, put netting over the soil. It doesnt have to be supported just laid on top. They can't dig thru it and will go find another toilet.
I've been doing this for a few years now, use the bean net stuff if you have seedlings inthe bed.
Works for me, no more little parcels in the raised beds.

DannyBoy230

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 11:44 »
Fantastic Help - Cheers guys. One box of silent Roar on the way!!!  :D

I have a toddler who enjoys nothing more than helping mummy and daddy did around in the garden, or chase our chickens around - so ineveitably, he's always falling over and/or getting his hands filty.  :nowink:

It's not only going to be used as a deterrent for my seeds, but cat poo is very, very bad for small children should they ingest it.  :(

Page created in 0.366 seconds with 39 queries.