Eating and Drinking > Homebrew

good idea

(1/2) > >>

Annie:
Well I wait with anticipation to see what brews we can come up with this year and how last years came on.Our cider did well but is a little on the bland side,which means you drink a fair bit and discover the alcohol content the day after.We are thinking of putting a trained row of apple trees across the garden to divide the veg patch from the rest ,so maybe some cider types,any suggestions?

shaun:
annie
i might be wrong (again) but isnt it best to make cider out of 2 or 3 different types of apples ?
agree good idea i think hayles will enjoy this one  :)

Flower:
We used to make  cider from Worcs. apples,and beetroot to colour. It sparkled like champagne.One and a quater lbs of sugar to a gallon I think. Apples chopped roughly.Neighbours loved it too.Always ready for Christmas .

Celtic Eagle:
I've made turbo coder from Morrisons pure apple juice I fancy making real cider from apples might have a go this year

Annie:
We had a hugh apple crop and bought a press we used worcester permain(probably)and some kind of cox,These are established trees but are defying absolute identification.Others were late crops from the lanes but we don`t know what kind although they were tastier.
   You are probably right Shaun,but what apples?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version