Anyone recommend a stand alone meat grinder?

• 14 Replies

ghost61

Anyone recommend a stand alone meat grinder?
« on: January 22, 2015, 17:13 »
Am thinking of making my own chorizo amongst others and so would need a meat grinder.  I don't want an attachment, a stand alone is my wish.  Any recommendations?  I have looked at lakelands but it doesn't get great reviews.  Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Beetroot Queen

Re: Anyone recommend a stand alone meat grinder?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 17:31 »
Whats the difference between a mincer and a grinder or have I lost the plot....... Finally  :lol: I have an old fashioned mincer which clamps the work top like my nan had

ghost61

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 17:46 »
Sorry should have said that the grinder (or mincer - call it what you will) would have a sausage stuffing thingy!  Hand grinders/mincers don't have that and I can't be bothered to put the meat into a sausage stuffer...just plain lazy, I'm afraid.  :)

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 18:29 »
Have you got a good chorizo recipe? I'm just waiting for my grinder to arrive (attachment I'm afraid) and we love Chorizo here....

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 19:16 »
Mine has a sausage thing but its a stand alone mincer.

ghost61

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 19:40 »
RJR - I have the River Cottage Handbook on smoking and curing and that has some good recipes in it.  I'll look it out and PM you unless anyone else wants the recipe.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 21:44 »
Thanks ghost that would be great! I have so many river cottage books but not that one sadly

Snoop

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 10:38 »
ghost61, you've asked the same question I've been pondering on, though I have to say that the chorizos sold here look more chopped than ground/minced. A decent food processor might serve your turn for chorizo, if not for mince and the like.

BQ, what brand is yours, if it has a brand? Can you describe or photograph it? Is it easy to clean?

I fancy a meat mincer/grinder too, all the better if it doesn't need electricity.

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 11:31 »
My OH used to work for a local farm shop and made burgers, sausages etc. He recommends asking a local butcher or getting in touch with a catering firm as they might point you towards what you are wanting. As an aside, re- smoking and curing, I bought him a book by Maynard Davies called "Adventures of a Bacon Curer and, apart from a jolly good read, he also has his own recipes in it.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 17:24 »
This is my mincer

It was my mother's 50 odd years ago and still works fine, is easy to clean and use. It hasn't seen a lot of use as I don't often need to mince things and might be tiring if you had a lot to do.  Doesn't have a sausage attachment thingy though.

I have seen similar ones on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-HEAVY-DUTY-HAND-OPERATED-MEAT-MINCER-GRINDER-KITCHEN-BEEF-MAKER-METAL-SAUSAGE/131336804484?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107092241%26meid%3D02304662a2af427180de3cec1b501739%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D281442227815
Anne

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 18:59 »
I have one of those too Annen (along with the grinder attachments for my kitchen aid.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 20:26 »
You could check out Nisbits Catering site. They might have what you are looking for.

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 06:48 »
I have one like that with a sausage attachment. The bit that made me giggle is you have the same lino as my mum used to, before she decided to go black and white  ;)

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 13:52 »
I have one like that with a sausage attachment. The bit that made me giggle is you have the same lino as my mum used to, before she decided to go black and white  ;)
That lino is absolutely brilliant, you can drop a chip on that floor and never spot it for a week!

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 13:55 »
That lino is absolutely brilliant, you can drop a chip on that floor and never spot it for a week!

Thats why my mother kept it for so long, it had been down 17 years and still looked like new  :lol:  we are so off topic. Apologies it was the lino's fault  ;)

xx
turkey meat

Started by rowlandwells on Kitchen Natter

3 Replies
Last post December 19, 2021, 15:12
by mrs bouquet
xx
Christmas meat offers

Started by LILLILEAF on Kitchen Natter

13 Replies
Last post December 21, 2017, 18:47
by Growster...

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 37 queries.