Eating and Drinking > Homebrew

I am now a home brewer

(1/3) > >>

fluffypebble:
I was lucky enough to get 8 demi-johns on freecycle.  Starting with Wilco's peach wine (ready in about 4 weeks) and the Ribena wine.  Tomorrow (I forgot to buy raisins today) I will be starting rice wine and carrot wine.  And when the fermentation bucket is empty I will be starting my Wilco's lager.

Thanks to you lot who got me in to this.

legendaryone:
Nice one fluffy, i started home brewing last year and it's been lots of fun so far :D
A brilliant book to get is "First steps in wine making" by C.J.J. Berry.

fluffypebble:
That just so happens to be one of the two books that came with the demi-johns along with 3 air locks and a muslin bag.  I was looking today for something to sieve the mushy stuff and I end up with one for free.  I really do like freecycle and hopefully getting slighty tipsy on a budget.

legendaryone:
I'm looking forward to turning all my surplus fruit and veg into wine  :D

You were lucky to get the book, i too recieved a lot of wine making equipment from freecycle  :wink:

fluffypebble:
Really nice people, I had mentioned getting an allotment and being a newbie at wine making and she offered me two books.  Now I do not turn down books, just ask OH, I have a loft full.  Then you recommend it, I check the books and yo.

The other book is home winemaking with step by step pictures, has recipes for most wines including tea, clover and bullace.  It also has pictures so I won't have to PM grannieannie with silly questions as much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version