Wine from smoothies

• 5 Replies

Gardening goth

Wine from smoothies
« on: June 18, 2007, 07:56 »
Hi..

I`m pretty  new to this  forum and  pretty new to the  wine brewing thing too.
Could you please tell me if its possible to make  wine easily from smoothies and  in particular innocent  smoothies and how i should go about such a thing.
Is it  just a case of  putting a carton into a demi john  and adding  yeast, sugar, water and watching the thing ferment, or there a whole  lot more required.
Thanks for any hints..

Ps.. Im trying the ribena wine and so far its fermenting  at a fair rate of knots.. Cheers.

WG.

Wine from smoothies
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:25 »
I think not (go on ... someone prove me wrong again  :) ).  Smoothies are made from milk or yogurt and I don't believe them to be suitable for fermenting.

Some people add wine or rum to a completed smoothie in order to research new modes of intoxication - perhaps this is what you've seen/heard ?

Gardening goth

Wine from smoothies
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 13:16 »
I just checked up the consitiuents of innocent smoothies and they dont mention yoghurt or milk. the  contain just fruit..
Or  are they omitting to  tell us about the extra ingredient  that  is..  yoghurt and/or milk..
Anyway cheers for the feedback.

WG.

Wine from smoothies
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 13:24 »
I checked http://innocentdrinks.co.uk (belatedly).  100% fruit so get the demi-johns out  :wink:

My smoothie recipe ... 2.5 litres homemade yogurt, 500gm homemade bottled strawberries.   Whizzzzzzzzzzz.

Yummy

David.

Re: Wine from smoothies
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 08:52 »
Quote from: "Gardening goth"
Could you please tell me if its possible to make  wine easily from smoothies and  in particular innocent  smoothies and how i should go about such a thing

You can, but 4.5 litres of smoothie is very expensive, you need to start it off in a bucket because the amount of bits in it your expensive smoothie might spray out the airlock and it will throw a very large sediment meaning you will lose a lot of your expensive wine.

Carton juice is so much easier.

calli

• http://greenwelliesbalertwine.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Wine from smoothies
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 13:15 »
Lidl applejuice is an old favourite of mine....67 cents a litre makes a cheap apple wine or turbo cider :D

xx
How can i make my wine sweeter - and I need half size bottles for wine.

Started by composthappens on Homebrew

10 Replies
Last post July 31, 2013, 23:39
by Jackypam
xx
Pea Pod Wine

Started by rock_chick on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post July 23, 2010, 19:37
by rock_chick
xx
Wine from old jam.....

Started by jacnal on Homebrew

7 Replies
Last post July 24, 2007, 00:10
by wisp
xx
More wine help please

Started by grinling on Homebrew

4 Replies
Last post November 13, 2011, 19:52
by grinling

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 39 queries.