So what do I need to collect for next season...

• 19 Replies

NorthEast Old Newbie

Re: So what do I need to collect for next season...
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 16:57 »
Wood, screws, nails, fixing brackets, string & rope. All useful to build with.
Paving slabs for paths
Old paint brushes for fence or shed painting

The list is endless - Ha include sheds, greenhouses, rotavators, spades & forks etc if you can Ha

One man's rubbish is another man's treasure in this game. (Unknown)  (Sub Ladies so no offense is given)

You will find that something you walked past last week will have a use next week     :lol:

Yorkshire Lass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 20:33 »
It looks like I am turning into a total magpie  :D

We went on a walk in the local area and the river had burst its banks some time ago and there was debris galore, the first thing my partner said to me was "Jo were 5 miles from the car if there is anything you want for the allotment you can take BUT your carrying it"

There were may missed opportunities that day just because I did not have an empty rucksack!!! :ohmy:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 21:05 »
That's all right - it'll probably flood another 12 times this year so there will be other chances  ;) :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00 »
Some great tips on this thread. I have made my list and will now be saving everything.

I can't believe how much i have got rid of over the years that would have been useful (then again didn't have my allotment plot then)
We got rid of a load of old windows and glass doors from our new plot just a few weeks ago. There was just way too much glass there and a lot of it broken. I have a big greenhouse in my garden which is only a few yards away from our plot (now that we have put a gate in our garden fence) so we didn't need the glass.

Yorkshire Lass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 18:40 »
I created a compost bin with the pallets we saved from the delivery of our kitchen cupboards
1024x768_bestfit.jpg

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 39 queries.