5 gallon fermenter.

• 3 Replies

hayles62

• Experienced Member
5 gallon fermenter.
« on: January 02, 2007, 08:15 »
I drilled a hole in a 5 gallon fermentation bin lid and siliconed an airlock into it to make a bigger vessel. I made three of these kits for Christmas http://www.leylandhomebrew.com/cat148_1.htm (Didn't drink them all :oops: it kept my hands off the good stuff that I want to mature longer) and have now started the rest of my Gages (Mixed Plums) I will let it work out then transfer it to demijons later to clear. It means I can put more wine in a warm place during winter and it's bubbling a treat.

I bottled some Pomegranete wine in Champagne magnum bottles yesterday for mid summers day with a spoon of sugar for bubbles, looking forward to that :D

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
5 gallon fermenter.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 12:49 »
Hayles

Did you put the airlock direct into the top or fit one of these little grommet things you can get first. I'm thinking of doing the same to one of my buckets and wondered what was the best way to do it.
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

hayles62

• Experienced Member
5 gallon fermenter.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 13:47 »
I like your idea even better as it would be easier to clean and sterilise, mine is stuck in with the silicone but I will get it out and fit a gromet I have loads in one of my tool boxes.

Jay Dubya

• Experienced Member
Re: 5 gallon fermenter.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 21:05 »
Hi, my only problem with this is that i don't think the lid will be airtight enough to push air through the airlock.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 39 queries.