Spring flower spotting

• 18 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Spring flower spotting
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 11:37 »
I've got shoots where the Bluebells (Spanish and native) are, I've got some shoots where the Snowdrops are, I've got Tulip shoots and even shoots where the Alliums are - but none where the Daffs should be  :ohmy: and not a single flower to be seen  ::)
The earliest bulbs seem a bit late here  :wacko: but the Hellebores are flowering well since I split them apart  :D

Silva

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 16:56 »
I also walk past one house that has loads of lovely crocuses which is the only place round here I've seen them, I wonder why that is...

No idea, but mine arrived for free and have spread everywhere without any intervention from me.  If you want a few, I can easily send you some once the leaves have died down.  Drop me a pm with your address. They are tiny corms, but they spread like mad and self seed as well (you have been warned)  :lol:

Thank you! However, my home garden is just a tiny concrete yard with a few containers and, based on your description, I would be a bit worried about introducing them to the plot! :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 20:02 »
based on your description, I would be a bit worried about introducing them to the plot! :lol:

Hmmmmm that may be a wise move.  They do have world domination tendencies and that would not make you particularly popular with your fellow plot holders :lol:

They cause no harm in my borders at home and if I dig corms up while planting stuff, they get lobbed back in the top of the hole to take their chances.

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 21:03 »
Just spotted the first 'Soldiers and Sailors' today...

And I've pruned the wistaria which has taken five hours, and up a ladder too, so please be gentle with me!

clip
Can you name this flower?

Started by ARPoet on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post July 31, 2015, 18:04
by mumofstig
xx
I bet some one will know this flower.

Started by Caretaker on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post September 02, 2012, 18:41
by casper
clip
Flower

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post June 21, 2019, 08:38
by jaydig
clip
Flower ID please?

Started by maloneranger on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post March 13, 2014, 10:58
by maloneranger

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 36 queries.