I've done a lot of Gurgling

• 7 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
I've done a lot of Gurgling
« on: October 04, 2018, 18:52 »
as my back was a bit sore this afternoon, and noticed on several forums posts where people are very worried about vegetable supplies next year, because of the B thing that we don't discuss on here ::)
Some are suggesting they'll grow different things to usual, or grow things in different quantities  :unsure:
I'm assuming it will only be bagged salads, and early crops of things like tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers, so I'm not particularly worried.
I do think that our usual winter veg - potatoes, carrots and swede will be in short supply, so more expensive - but that's because of the weather, not politics  ::)
I've sown more winter salad leaves and perennial spinach for over winter and will sow more early mangetout than normal. I already have more early cabbages than is usual for  me ;) I didn't think about that, it just happened that they all germinated  :lol:
Will you be doing anything different to cover the possible outcome?

Lardman

Re: I've done a lot of Gurgling
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 19:10 »
Will you be doing anything different to cover the possible outcome?

Can't say it even occurred to me I might need to  ::) It's all a storm in a teacup. 

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 20:49 »
Agreed Lardman. Everything is being whipped up by the media to such an extent that one could feel that armageddon is imminent. At the end of the day everything is driven by commerce, and commerce always finds a way to bypass whatever impediments governments try to put in it's way.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 21:25 »
Agreed Lardman. Everything is being whipped up by the media to such an extent that one could feel that armageddon is imminent. At the end of the day everything is driven by commerce, and commerce always finds a way to bypass whatever impediments governments try to put in it's way.

Please can we get back to garden related answers, before John tells us off  :unsure:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 22:37 »

Please can we get back to garden related answers, before John tells us off  :unsure:

Ha ha, ok, I've not changed a thing as I'm a firm believer that Everything Will Be Alright In The End ;)

grinling

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 19:44 »
I bought frozen peas. Wheat has sold for a higher price as quality is better than quantity, so flour and flour related products cost will go up.

madcat

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 19:54 »
I need Aldi to get back to stocking bread flour!  At least that is a flour product at a sensible price.  Why do they take it off the shelves in the summer!!   :mad:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Christine

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 09:13 »
The seed box is full of more than enough to fill the allotments. Of course we can't buy a decent growing season. I'm not going to let next year worry me as seed prices haven't risen where I buy - but that might be early shopping of course and checking that the seed packets are in date.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 47 queries.