Lawn Care

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Lawn Care
« on: April 26, 2018, 11:51 »
I found a Flymo Rake and Scarifyer in my Mum's shed.  Cleaned it up and used couldn't believe the result.
Today, I have used Weed, feed and Moss Killer.   I tried to pace a metre/yard or so, and measure the first 1 ounce.  Then using that a guide, manually spread it across my little lawn.  Tomorrow we are supposed to be getting some rain.   I wonder if I will have killed the lawn off.  Do you think that generally it will be ok.?
Hope so, its too late now !! But I must admit to being a bit worried,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Pescador

Re: Lawn Care
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 18:30 »
Sounds absolutely spot on to me!
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 09:18 »
I haven't used lawn treatments since I dug my fish pond adjacent to it many years ago, but when I did I found that the moss turned black after a few days, and the grass initially went a darker, possibly slightly bluish colour, which was all a bit scary.  :ohmy:

All came good in the end - it is absolutely amazing how much moss and other debris an electric scarifier can lift from a lawn, which can make it difficult to know when to stop (in my case it was when I thought 'how the hell am I going to get rid of all this stuff!'  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

jezza

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 20:58 »
hi wrong way round kill moss off first then scarify I have just been scarifying today got 10 large bags (builder)off one lawn I find that lawn weed and feed has to much nitrogen eg one product I looked at last week has 12%nitrogen 0.05%MCPA 0.05% 24D 0.023%Dicamba 19.9%ferrous sulphate (iron) too much nitrogen not enough weed killer plenty of iron    I use a lawn sand first then a liquid lawn weed killer at the correct rate this gives a very good result jezza

xx
Lawn care advice please

Started by Nadlen on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post April 22, 2011, 16:51
by Nadlen
xx
Nerines care

Started by Frizzle1 on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post April 02, 2011, 17:11
by Frizzle1
xx
Rose Care

Started by Carrotcake on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post May 25, 2010, 22:39
by Trillium
xx
Hellebores care - advice please

Started by Sweetpea C on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post March 08, 2013, 18:09
by devonbarmygardener

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 35 queries.