Small trailer tyre punctures

• 5 Replies

imarr17

Small trailer tyre punctures
« on: February 20, 2011, 17:46 »
I have a small trailer which I use with my Westwood lawn mower. However, I have had numerous punctures this week due to thorns.

The trailer is fitted with 4.00-6nhs pneumatic tyres.

Does anybody know of a solid tyre alternative to the pneumatic tyre? If so where can I get them?

muckshifter

• Experienced Member
Re: Small trailer tyre punctures
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 20:07 »
Can't help with solid tyres but had you considerd the bottled slimey stuff that goes in the inner tube via the valve,for the size of holes you are talking about the slime makes the tubes self sealing.
Only problem is I can't remember the name of it although I think there are a few different companys do it.

smud6ie

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:40 »
Its called OKO and we have it in all our equiptment with pnumatic tires as we can't afford the down time repairing punctures.
smud6ie

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 05:51 »
There are several alternatives.
I expect that your tyres are about 4 ply, you could get tyres that are 6 or even 8 ply, or, as stated, you can put in one of the products that seal the tyre when you do get a puncture.
You can also fit an inner tube with a puncture protecting band (expensive, but you can then take out and fit into another tyre when yours wears out)
You can also buy puncture proof tyres. We run quite a few of these on MOD sites, and so far, so good. (5 years) :)

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 18:18 »

Contact "the Green Tyre Company".  They are in Middlesborough and on the interweb.  I have yellow ! puncture proof tyres on my treader.  :ohmy:  Cheers   Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 11:52 »
Just bought two from B & Q for the modification to my water bodger.  :blush: £16 ??   Cheeeep.    Cheers,   Tony.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 38 queries.