All things chickeny....

• 7 Replies

loretta cluck

• Experienced Member
All things chickeny....
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:57 »
Since I joined the wonderful world of chicken keeping, in the best possible way, its taken over my life, and highlighted moreso when it came to opening my Christmas presents this year....almost all family and friends had bought me something chicken related...ear-rings, whiskey tumblers with hens on, tissues, T-towel, calender, solar powered hens for the other garden the real hens arent allowed in!, coffee cups.....oh and 2 wrapped bags of mealworms from "Grandma" and "Auntie" for the hens.
Anyone else received chickeny presents....

splash101

Re: All things chickeny....
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:39 »
a fridge magnet of a cockerel, which just about sums up the thought that some of my family put into presents especially as we dont have a cockerel.
But it could always be a lot worse, (and believe me, in years gone past it has been a lot worse) this is my extended family i mean, and not my dear hubby and children.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 14:07 »
 :lol: My family got me some chicken things too. I got some very nice Cath Kidston things, large mug, tea towels and a flour shaker, they are all very pretty and look great in the kitchen. I also got given an oil drizzler with a hen on it and a beautiful little water colour painting of some hens called 'Peck, peck, peck'. My little girl also gave me a packet of coloured leg rings that she bought in Wilkinsons.
I was also very lucky as my family knew I needed (and was saving up for) a new hen house, so they chipped in to help me buy my new Solway hen house.

I bought my husband two chickens for Christmas, a Cream Legbar he named Gizmo and a White Leghorn he called Ghost.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 14:50 »
When I got my hens I let the family know that under no circumstances did I want a house full of chickeny things.  Mum ignored that and bought me a mug with a cockerel on which I don't mind as I use it.  My neighbour who gets eggs off us has given me a nice chicken egg holder and a chicken shaped candle.  So after 2 years that is not too bad.

Oh almost forgot, hubby buys me a chicken calender each year which I love and all cards with chicken themes.   ::)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Debbieta

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 19:20 »
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if you can avoid being bought chicken things.  Last year friends went mad buying all things 'chicken', as it was a new hobby.  Luckily, this year  it's worn off a little, but most of the presents have been in good taste, so not too cringe making :nowink:
My sister-in-law even bought 'something' for the chickens ... a box of cranberry stuffing.
However, it was quite timely a one of our cockerals was dispatched Christmas morning :blush: so it did come in handy and all was very tasty :closedeyes: :blush:
Debbieta

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 19:46 »
We bought a couple of china mugs before Christmas because the chickens looked like our's (who we had to re-home when we moved house)

Today we got two more, a jug and a butter dish! :blush:

Little red

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 20:37 »
My OH gave me a t- shirt that says "I am that chicken lady "  :D

Bev

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 20:58 »
Last year I asked my Mum to get me a water feeder for my chickens as my one was splitting gradually. I couldn't quite wait until Christmas and bought one anyway!

Actually it is brilliant having two as I take one up to the chickens in the morning and one at lunchtime while it is icy like this! It was useful when I introduced a new chicken too to have two in different places so the other chicken couldn't guard them both!

Bev

xx
Things are not going so well

Started by animal mad on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post April 27, 2011, 14:05
by joyfull
xx
The things chickens do.

Started by hillfooter on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post August 07, 2010, 10:23
by joyfull
xx
Daft things that chickens value

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post May 28, 2017, 21:03
by New shoot
xx
What funny things do your chickens do?

Started by R_A_W on Chicken Chat

22 Replies
Last post November 11, 2010, 20:00
by evie2

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 46 queries.