Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Morning all :)
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:44 »
I feel a bit sore after strawberry planting, yesterday,  but hope to get a bit more done today, although I'm not at all sure what the weather is going to be like, from looking at the sky. It looks full of rain but the forecast is for sun  8)
Have a good day, whatever you're up to  :)

snowdrops

Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:02 »
Hope a bit more stretching eases out the aches Mum, it’s quite overcast here too & looking like rain is likely, I’ve planned a gardening day so hoping I get to get out there, on Sunday I jetwashed the greenhouse & finished off in pouring rain, I was soaked but determined to finish
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 08:24 »
I'm aching a bit from digging yesterday as well.  I've got work later, but currently wondering about clearing a couple of patches in the garden for poppy seeds and sowing some squash.

More coffee needed first  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 08:36 »
Tea for me please, but I've got sticky buns to go with it, if anyone wants one?

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 08:43 »
I'll swap some digging with someone ....

Today I shall be cleaning 40 years of emulsion paint from the electrical socket faceplates  ::)  Being 18" off the ground, it will no doubt involve me crawling around on the floor and folding myself into strange shapes to try and clean the underside.

That is of course after I soak off the countless layers of wallpaper left behind them because why bother striping the wallpaper from behind a socket, it's not like anyone can see if  >:(

I swear this refurb is like painting the Forth bridge ... never ending.

madcat

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 09:14 »

Oh yes! I get that one!!

I am defrosting the big upright freezer ....   :ohmy: <gulp> Will it all manage to go back??
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 09:17 »

Today I shall be cleaning 40 years of emulsion paint from the electrical socket faceplates  ::)  Being 18" off the ground, it will no doubt involve me crawling around on the floor and folding myself into strange shapes to try and clean the underside.

That is of course after I soak off the countless layers of wallpaper left behind them because why bother striping the wallpaper from behind a socket, it's not like anyone can see if  >:(

Oooh I have such sympathy for you there Lardman. We embarked on major refurb some months back, and the hallway was a complete nightmare, with layer after layer of painted wall paper, one atop the other, and stripping it all off took weeks. And then there was the paintwork, which, with moulded topped skirting boards took a mass of work squatted down, and as for the ceiling, well a lot of that fell down when the woodchip came off. We replaced the sockets and light switches in the end as in cleaning them they ended up all scratched in removing the paint.

"Lay on, Macduff"
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 13:18 »

Is this your house or Mother Lards? Just think how nice it will be when it’s done! 😊 lie back & think of England lol

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 11:21 »
Tea for me please, but I've got sticky buns to go with it, if anyone wants one?

Any left?  I could do with one today  :D

Well I got the poppies and the squash sown and now have itchy fingers to get home from work to do some more.

Glorious sunny morning here and its tough to be inside  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37 »
Catch it then ......  :D

Today's gone very wrong - was sposed to be early Tesco delivery, gardening,  physio.... maybe more garden
Instead I get a txt tesco delivery running late, be there by 10. Then another saying be there by half past 1  :mad:

Rang them and said won't be there cos of hospital physio session, replied ok we'll deliver sometime after you are back. When will sometime be? Couldn't possibly say right now - delivery van broken down on motorway  ::)

So it's lovely weather and apart from a trip to physio, I have to wait in for Tescos *sob*

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 12:48 »
Catch it then ......  :D

Got it  :D

Could be a nice afternoon to be sitting outside waiting for a Tesco delivery.  After the spring we have had I would advise extreme caution about gardening in 22C heat.  From mudlarking in the rain straight into summer days  :ohmy:  We will all be in shock  :lol:

Lardman

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 14:25 »
Is this your house or Mother Lards?

Mother Lard's old one - I don't so much mind the cleaning of the faceplates , they're 70's MK so built like tanks it's the rolling around on the floor now it's an awfully long way to get up again  ::)

I've had to do a few hours of real work today  :ohmy: but I have my eye on a quiet 2 hours late afternoon , Need a change of clothes though - it was big coat and thermal hat weather went I left the house this morning - it's not any more  8)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 08:12 »
Mornings, it's a lovely sunny one, so deffo a plot visit on the cards.
If I can still move after that I might pop into town and take the library books back - rather than hit the renew button again  :lol: 

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 09:46 »
Morning, yep another warm one. Time to mow the lawn and then head to the plot and plant the cabbages out :D

madcat

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 10:17 »
A lovely summer day!  At last ... Enjoy while we can.  I was shattered last night - just not used to it!

All seeds checked and now a quick trip to the shops (was supposed to just be Aldi but now I have a brake light to collect, and some sealant and ...... why exactly did I say I was going?  ::) ) before an afternoon with the seed box and pricking out (in the the shade!).  Perhaps I better get some more compost while I am out..  :unsure:

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 55 queries.