greenhouse heating

• 2 Replies

dmg

greenhouse heating
« on: March 25, 2018, 22:10 »
Ill be using a greenhouse at home for the first time this year. I want to keep it frost free. What systems are the best and most economical . It is a 10x8 which is about 30ft from the house. I work shifts so it preferably an electrical system that i could put on a timer.

I also have a small lean to at the side of the house 4x3, could i utilise the steam from the boiler vent to heat it in any way?

shedmeister

• Experienced Member
Re: greenhouse heating
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 14:29 »
DO NOT USE THE BOILER VENT
May the fork be with you

rowlandwells

Re: greenhouse heating
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 19:31 »
I've tried all forms of heating in our greenhouse's electricity proved quite good but very very expensive then oil that was a bit messy and the fumes seemed to attract the white fly then I installed a solid fuel heater with hot water pipes under the staging

it took a little time to heat the pipes but then they stayed warm until the pipes got cold but the downside was the fire needed feeding quite often and overnight the fire had to be kept going so I used coal slack but that didn't put a lot of heat out and didn't last all night so I had to supplement with bottled overnight gas again proved a bit costly  expensive side

and I did use bottled gas as a alternative to the solid fuel heater but again to expensive so there are plenty of options dmg but any form of heating is going to be costly running it 24/7  :mellow:

and

xx
Greenhouse heating

Started by supervegman on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post December 02, 2010, 09:14
by JayG
xx
heating greenhouse

Started by bernard jackson on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post February 07, 2016, 19:59
by bernard jackson
xx
greenhouse heating

Started by shaun on Equipment Shed

15 Replies
Last post January 07, 2007, 13:35
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
heating greenhouse

Started by ally on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 13, 2013, 23:03
by wil4025

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 39 queries.