first meal in new kitchen

• 11 Replies

chrissie B

first meal in new kitchen
« on: February 23, 2011, 13:29 »
well 12 days time setting off for uk in the car stuffed with our goods and chatles oh and the dog and for weeks all i can think about is what to cook for our first meal in my new kitchen im so excited so many things , need help got any ideas please .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: first meal in new kitchen
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 13:30 »
something nice and comforting (and warm  :lol:) such as good old shepherds pie  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 22:44 »
First day, get fish n chips on paper plates - you'll be knackered.

I agree with Joyfull, something quintessentially British like shepherd's pie would be an excellent proper first meal after you've had the chance to go shopping and unpack the kitchen!

Have a safe journey and good luck with the final few days packing up.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

chrissie B

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 08:52 »
thanks for the good wishes , and that is allways a favourite for us but im tettering on chicken pot pie , i coucht a bit od nigella and she did one it was very quick .
chrissie b

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 15:35 »
How about a dish local to where you will be living? As in Lancashire hotpot, or Yorkshire pudding, Cornish pasty, that sort of thing. All comfort food.

Hope the weather is kind to you when you arrive back, March can be a bit fickle!

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 17:25 »
i know it will be on the chilly side  th enortheast famed for it but just the thought of me central heating and double gazing is warming the cockles of my heart , im thinking chicken pot pie and mash , previous owners left us a bottle of wine , nice i thought , kev gave them a big box of thorntons chocks and a card .im so excited its only 8 days to the offf and 20 mins once we get off the second ferry .
chrissie b

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 17:41 »
What ferry routes are you using to come back chrissie?

chrissie B

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 15:47 »
we are driving to igonamitza via the new roads they have put in and the tunnels it cuts out alot of road time , then a ferry to venice which will also cut out alot of driving we then got to karlsruhe in germany to a pet hotel for the night 50 euros for us 2 and the dog bargin i thought then off to amsterdam and get the princess of denmark to newcastle then 30 mins after we are in blyth , so have minimum of actual driving the only bit that worries me is if we carnt get on the newcastle ferry the dog has to be checked out chip and all and the passport which is all up to date and rubber stamped im just having nightmares of being left standing of the dock as the ferry sailes away , kev says i worry about stuff and if ive not anything to worry about then i worry about that , lol
chrissie b

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 16:06 »
That one to Venice certainly cuts out the dodgy bits  ::)

not long to wait now, you'll soon be back and missing the sunshine ;)

chrissie B

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 11:31 »
it will save alot of time and with the rules on entering the country with a dog we have a 24/48 hour slot to get to amsterdam under they wont let you on the ferry a little over they wont let you on the ferrie for the flea and tick and worming meds even though these things last for months b****y red tape , i phoned defra and asked what would happen if we missed the ferry and that it wouldnt be good for the dog to have these meds again so soon , they said we are not vets we just make the rule , what kind of an answer is that and they couldnt give a straight answer , no matter im not missing me ferry if i have to walk lol
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 22:10 »
well the first meal in the new house was chicken pot pie we had daughter , grandson and boy friend for tea as well and every night since first night couldnt find a thing and had left me rolling pin so had to se a bottle of wine came out ok even though nigella said it would take 30 mins min etook ages cos i didnt kno w all me stuff was lol
chrissie b

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 18:40 »
Excellent  :D

xx
Meal ideas please

Started by mumofstig on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

20 Replies
Last post December 01, 2009, 18:01
by titch
xx
a free meal!

Started by fish on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 23:03
by Cazzy
xx
What's your favourite meal?

Started by Mrs.Veg on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

32 Replies
Last post August 13, 2007, 18:22
by BillinPA
question
Suggestions for a 'Light Meal'

Started by mumofstig on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post December 24, 2018, 13:39
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 39 queries.