merry tiller rotorvator help needed uregently!

• 2 Replies

old carrot joe

merry tiller rotorvator help needed uregently!
« on: February 24, 2009, 13:16 »
hi guys,

i pulled my merry tiller pull string too hard and it snapped. ive taken the housing off and managed to take the remaining string out, but am not sure what to do next. i mean do i have to wind the metal plate (where the string goes round-sorry am not a mechanical person) before putting the string round, or do i wrap the string around first-and do i turn it clock/anti clock wise?

im really struck, any help would be much appreciated,

thanks in advance

Gwiz

Re: merry tiller rotorvator help needed uregently!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 18:10 »
Get a new length of rope, melt both ends with a lighter (makes it easier to poke through the holes)
Tie a knot in one end.
if you look at the recoil housing, from the inside, you will notice that the hole where the string exits the housing to where the handle is normally, is on one side. if the hole is in the righthand side (don't forget, looking from the inside out!!!) you will need to wind the recoil pulley anti-clockwise, if it's on the left, then you will wind it clockwise.
wind the pulley about five or six turns, line up the hole in the pulley with the hole ine the housing, and thread the new rope throught the pulley and out through the housing.
Before letting go of the pulley(!!) thread the rope into the recoil handle, and tie another knot. let go of the pulley and allow the rope to rewind into the housing and onto the pulley.
If you've got a some slack rope outside of the housing, undo the knot in the handle, and start again, but giving the recoil puey an extra wind or two.

Enjoy, and be mindfull that there is a spring behind the pulley, so dont remove the pulley without wearing some eye protection! ;)

old carrot joe

Re: merry tiller rotorvator help needed uregently!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:45 »
thanks for that, appreciate it.

xx
merry tiller attachment help needed please

Started by dyeo on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post June 26, 2018, 20:27
by jezza
xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
merry tiller

Started by daveylamp on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post April 16, 2012, 08:17
by daveylamp
xx
Merry Tiller Help

Started by peterryall on Equipment Shed

16 Replies
Last post October 18, 2006, 05:46
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 38 queries.