Hello !

• 5 Replies

Lorri

Hello !
« on: September 18, 2017, 06:17 »
I would just like to introduce myself and say Hello to you all, my husband and I Are the proud owners of our very first allotment plot, it only became ours from yesterday! apart from feeling very excited we are also feeling very daunted as it is very overgrown ... yikes! It is going to be lots of hard work to weed kill, dig and prepare before any planting can go on!
This website has already been a wealth of information and has helped us in making a few decisions already.
I hope to learn lots more from those that are far more experienced than me, my experience of veg and fruit growing has been in a little 4x4 veggie plot in my garden which just wasn't big enough hence why we added our names onto the allotment waiting list just 6 months ago!
I am looking forward to learning lots more and any advice will be gratefully received 😊

ApprenticeGardener82

Re: Hello !
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 07:42 »
Welcome to the forum. You have inherited the plot at a good time really; at this time of year there's really no rush. As many will say on here "slow and steady". The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy it.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:13 »
Hi and welcome  :)

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 19:04 »
Welcome Lori. I'm one of those who say slow and steady because you will enjoy it more that way.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 21:33 »
Congratulations & welcome
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 18:53 »
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new lotty - a good time of year to get one!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 39 queries.