white leghorn

• 5 Replies

lucylou

• Experienced Member
white leghorn
« on: October 25, 2009, 21:37 »
hi!
 please can you tell me how much bigger a standard white leghorn hen is compared to a sussex bantam - the bantam is one of the larger bantams but the bantam version of the leghorn seems very small in comparison, so i was wondering if the standard leghorn would be a better match size wise? many thanks in advance, lucylou

Vember

Re: white leghorn
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 21:43 »
Haven't a clue on actual heights, but could take some photo's tomorrow if that would help :D

Sarah :)

lucylou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 21:53 »
ooh thankyou if itsnot to much trouble :) in your opinion are they quite a small breed? ive only got bantams so thought i ought really to stick to them, but love the leghorn but when i saw the banti version it was about the size of a fan tailed dove and would seem tiny compared to my buxom sussex bantams  :D

Vember

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 22:05 »
The standard L/horn stands a fair bit taller than the L/Suss banty, I think but my memory is like a sieve  :lol:

I have a leghorn cross banty poland and that is really tiny in comparison :lol:

I'll let them out tomorrow armed with camera and tape measure then you'll get a better idea :D

Sarah :)

Vember

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 09:29 »
Here we go Sassy & Cassy my Light Suss and Minnie the Leghorn :)

Hope they help ??? :)

Sarah :D

lucylou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 19:53 »
thankyou so much sarah for going to all that trouble! cassie and minnie seemed very relaxed they are obviously very happy about being handled, they look really curious about being measured - i can see that minnie is quite a bit taller than cassie although she seems to be quite a slender girl, so its given me something to think about.(love her handsome comb) Oh has finally agreed (or should i say given in to my nagging) and is going to join up both my runs to make one much larger one using the space in between them too, so i am planning a couple more girls . thankyou once again sarah :), lucylou

xx
white star /leghorn

Started by amj on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post May 22, 2010, 09:51
by amj
xx
white star /leghorn

Started by amj on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 06, 2010, 12:23
by viettaclark
xx
White leghorn ,soggy bottoms??

Started by BIG ZOOK on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2018, 23:48
by Sassy
xx
White Leghorn poorly,disorientated with head to side?

Started by Missie on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 20:40
by Foxy

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 38 queries.