white star /leghorn

• 4 Replies

amj

white star /leghorn
« on: January 02, 2010, 19:07 »
one of my new girls is a leghorn seems a bit wild compared to the other 2 /sussex/black star
runs away unlike the others i read she will settle down ' is that so? will not feed from my hand yet 'seems so scared all the time' yet seems to be the boss... bit worried she don;t like me ... anyone had one ? thanks ; i know its early days ,,,

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: white star /leghorn
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 19:13 »
It's most likely she is a little younger or younger in terms of her development. Most girls become tamer as they approach POL or once they actually start laying, although some can always remain a little standoffish. Hopefully as she gets a little older she will join in with the others pecking food from your hand

lucylou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 21:37 »
When i was out watching my girls earlier i remebered how nervous Thelma used to be, she tried to run away and squaked if i managed to catch her - but 3 months on she is like the others now and not a bit nervous - so it just takes time and they learn to trust.  Good luck and have fun with them :lol:

Angus

• Skyechi
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:36 »
this will change our White Star was very nervous when she was young now she is like a crocodile and will have your fingers off if you try to hand feed her, she is our favourite coz she is sooooooo cheeky

viettaclark

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 12:23 »
I agree. My white star is my favourite although bottom of the pecking order. Can't understand why...she is the most brainy, inquisitive and cheeky. She is the one who finds all the goodies in the garden but the other 2 follow her around and bully her away. Aaaaah!
She was very flighty when I got her but has become quite tame. I was impressed with her flying skills and worried she might want to escape from the garden, but apart from long flights about 2 feet up and flying up and down from tables none of them really looks any higher. They're much keener on keeping their heads down in case they miss out on a goodie.

xx
white star /leghorn

Started by amj on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post May 22, 2010, 09:51
by amj
xx
white leghorn

Started by lucylou on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 26, 2009, 19:53
by lucylou
xx
White leghorn ,soggy bottoms??

Started by BIG ZOOK on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2018, 23:48
by Sassy
xx
White Leghorn poorly,disorientated with head to side?

Started by Missie on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 20:40
by Foxy

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 39 queries.