how to plant in greenhouse

• 3 Replies

brownp

• Experienced Member
how to plant in greenhouse
« on: April 24, 2011, 18:09 »
I have just been given a greenhouse - about 8x6ft.
I'd like to have a go at cucumbers, peppers, chillis and maybe a tomato plant. Do they need planting directly into the floor , or in growbags, or in pots?
thanks
Phil

Kleftiwallah

Re: how to plant in greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 18:54 »

It depends on the condition of the soil.  If you have erected it on previously good soil, I'd bung 'em in there,  more root space.

There is some discussion as to wether cuc's need more moisture in the air than tom's and so should be planted away from the door.  But I know nothing concrete on this matter.   Cheers,   Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Springlands

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 07:42 »
I would normally plant my cukes away from the door of the greenhouse. Also make sure that you 'water' the pathways and staging near the cukes to keep up a moist atmosphere especially during hot spells. You might have to do this several times a day during really hot spells.

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 13:32 »
growing them in pots allows you to move them around, especially useful if you want to bring other seedlings on in the greenhouse as well. Peppers also don't need a lot of soil and do well in pots. That said, I have raised beds in one of my greenhouses for the tomatoes.
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 39 queries.