Incubators

• 9 Replies

kizza

• Experienced Member
Incubators
« on: December 31, 2006, 19:40 »
Hi, where is the best place to buy incubators. I want something with a capacity of 30 or 40, not too big, but not too small. An automatic one would be better. Any internet websites would be great       Hen incubators

muntjac

Incubators
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 19:44 »
try ebay first kizza then here
http://www.theincubatorshop.co.uk/
still alive /............

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
Incubators
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 23:11 »
I've got a Brinsea Octagon, Kizza.  Really happy with it but it's only a 10 egg capacity and still air.  The bigger versions look really good and have a fan I believe to circulate air and stabilise/equalise the temperature too, much like a convection oven.  Would look at their bigger models - even the new R-com that monitors temp and humidity, really smart.  I got mine free so can't advise where to look for best prices, but what I have seen on ebay, as suggested, looks a good bet in contrast to other online and mail order sellers.

kizza

• Experienced Member
Incubators
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 22:11 »
What have the hatching rates been like with the brinsea octagon? ----Monty Tom

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
Incubators
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 23:21 »
Well, it's my first time at hatching and I have made a few mistakes to be honest, but had three chicks from the 12 eggs I started with, and 2 are looking very good from 6 silkie eggs I was given (6 days left to go).  Not confident with batch of first (leghorn) eggs.  Still, the time of year must affect fertility, so probably good I at leat got some.  Also, I think I threw a few eggs out that were ok by mistake, hence should have had a better turn out.  Feel really guilty about that.

I'll be honest, if I had to buy one now I would be tempted by the Octagon 20 or one of the R-com's.

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
Incubators
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 22:16 »
Have just ordered a brinsea still air 36 model.  Got it from hatchit incubators - good deal on ebay, but the website has offers on too.  Look forward to getting it as I have lots more eggs to put in - cream legbars and araucanas.

herbiegrowsbananas

• Experienced Member
Incubators
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 16:04 »
Hiya

We got our from Bob Kan Poultry, www.bobkan.co.uk.

If anyone is just starting out, this is fab, cos you don't have to mess around with temperatures, etc. We have 22 fabulous healthy chicks and I can't rave about it enough.

It is the CORTI AF25 - 25 hen eggs, or 75 quail eggs.

It's semi automatic, so you just turn the handle and all the eggs turn. You can buy an autokmatic extra bit from them too, but turning it ourselves made us 'connect' with the chicks.

It was £65 plus £10 postage.
herbiegrowsbananas

herbiegrowsbananas

• Experienced Member
Incubators
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 16:09 »
Me again, bob kan is now selling them at £75 plus postage, but there's one on ebay, brand new for £69 plus £10 postage, here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Corti-AF25-Semi-auto-Incubator_W0QQitemZ280090622298QQihZ018QQcategoryZ46292QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

agapanthus

Incubators
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 22:10 »
I would love to breed more choox but the old man has other ideas .... :(

muntjac

Incubators
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 22:51 »
he isnt gonna eat em is he aggypants ... you could always buy em and have someone stick em in and say they came to visit they pals  :lol:

xx
egg incubators

Started by spongebob on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post February 01, 2009, 18:21
by Vember
xx
Incubators.

Started by Butterfly on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post January 21, 2008, 19:07
by jonny1982
xx
Incubators ??

Started by Jae Dawn on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post February 04, 2011, 22:35
by Chookiechook
question
incubators

Started by peter o on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 15, 2009, 22:47
by peter o

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 39 queries.