White grape and exotic fruit juice

• 6 Replies

Lardman

White grape and exotic fruit juice
« on: March 17, 2012, 16:59 »
I've just racked off a gallon of trashco white grape and trashco exotic fruit juice (37% pineapple/34% apple / 25% passion fruit / 1.6% banana / 1.2% mango ).

It smells wonderful  :tongue2: the bit I might have accidentally consumed while syphoning wasn't bad either.  Is anyone else playing with juice based wines? Im looking to fill the 25ltr fermenter but there are so many juices... so much choice.  :unsure:

Lardman

Re: White grape and exotic fruit juice
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 21:36 »
Opened a bottle of this tonight. Not overly keen.

I think it may be better as a rose rather than a white, it's an easy drink though with just a hint of banana.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 22:31 »
I've got Trashco apple juice wine on the go at the moment Lardy,  the others are carrot, which is a bit sweet, although I didn't put the full amount of sugar in it, and blackcurrant and apple, which is coming up a bit drier.

Actually the blackcurrant and apple was last years jam which was a bit runny.  No sign of mould in the jars, so I turned it into wine! lol

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:47 »
Im not brave enough to try fermenting on pulp yet Grannie (if you saw my kitchen you'd understand why  ::) ) I'll be giving it a go later on in the year if I can save some of currants from the birds.

Actually the blackcurrant and apple was last years jam which was a bit runny.  No sign of mould in the jars, so I turned it into wine! lol

Love it - Waste not , want not

I've bought the bits for a gallon of spiced apple, I'll be starting that when I get a few spare minutes. I really wish I hadn't lost the damson tree a few years back, it would have been an idea source of fruit.  :(

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:40 »
Spiced apple?    mmmmm, sounds nice for Christmas!

With the carrot, you don't ferment on pulp.  you cook the sliced carrots until they are just going soft, but still whole slices, then drain off the carroty water.

The left over carrots, sometimes I freeze them, as they are only like cooked carrots.  Then use these in the winter for carrot and coriander soup, or if there's loads, I give the chickens a nice treat of cooked carrots!

I know what you mean about the damsons.  I had an apple tree, a pear and a plum.  They were supposed to be duo's, but only the pear was actually a duo, but it never did any good, the most I got of it in 8 years was 2 small pears!  And the plum died.

It's only the apple that does any good, and my blackcurrant bush. 

Lardman

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 13:09 »
Spiced apple?    mmmmm, sounds nice for Christmas!

Sssshhh don't say the winter festival word.. Ice will get upset  :D

I thought exactly the same when I read this those http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1315473528 All the stuff going in sounds good so how could it go wrong ?

Recipe and method care  of "OhBeardy"

spiced apple wine
2lts white grape juice,
2lts apple juice,
1lb 5oz golden granulated sugar
high alcohol yeast, (I have Garvin yellow GV3)
top up with water to 1gal after initial ferment

when fermentation is finished siphon off the sediment, measure the volume of the sediment in a jug and discard, take a similar amount of water and in it simmer a cinnamon stick 2 cloves a bay leaf and a slice or two of fresh ginger, strain through double muslin and add back into wine, leave to mature under airlock.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 13:14 by Lardman »

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 13:20 »
I did think about Ice when I wrote it, but hoped she hadn't found this spot yet!   :lol: :lol:

The Spiced Apple sounds nice!  Might try that.  High alcohol yeast?  that sounds good too!   :lol: :lol:

xx
Where has the white grape juice gone...?

Started by Growster... on Homebrew

5 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 05:57
by Growster...
xx
Grape Juice and Blackberry?

Started by Cazzy on Homebrew

1 Replies
Last post August 29, 2009, 14:28
by Cazzy
xx
Grape juice wine sugar content.

Started by coop-de-tat on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post October 20, 2013, 07:21
by Capt Zero
xx
Fruit Juice

Started by joshwain on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post January 14, 2009, 21:03
by joshwain

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 35 queries.