Greenhouse delivery?

• 3 Replies

william85

Greenhouse delivery?
« on: November 03, 2017, 18:50 »
Hello there, my name is Billy and I'm now the proud tenant of a allotment holding. This is my first allotment. The greenhouse already on the plot is old and rotted and unsalvageable. I want a new one but unsure how I'm going to get it delivered to the allotment (only signed for it yesterday). Ideally I want to go to Homebase for it. How do I overcome this problem? Should I buy locally who perhaps can be more flexible with delivery? Thank you.

grinling

Re: Greenhouse delivery?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:56 »
If the allotment has a postcode and road access they will deliver to site, if not to the nearest kerb, with you waiting all day for it. When I had a shed and wendy house (children) delivered I went for the local garden centre. They drove as close to my plot as poss.
Are you sure you want a greenhouse or would a polytunnel be better. Think about wind direction and anchorage and whether you want glass or polycarbonate.
Check crime stats for break ins.

william85

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 20:01 »
There are some houses opposite the allotment. It has road assess and a path running down the allotment with holdings either side so I don't think access would be a problem. I don't want a glass greenhouse, I prefer plastic panels. The allotment has a fence all around it and is in a quite area from town. If you didn't know it was there you would miss it.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:26 »
If you are buying a plastic one, then just pick one up in a car. All the bits of a 6x6 will go in a car, if you're getting a 6x8 the 8ft bits will stick out of the back, or on a roof rack,that's all.

Neither the frames nor the plastic panes are heavy.

It's worth looking out for any sales, Homebase are closing a lot of stores down and selling off stock, so you can get bargains  :)

xx
I've been given a greenhouse!

Started by potatopotato on Design and Construction

17 Replies
Last post January 25, 2008, 20:15
by Cynara
xx
DIY Greenhouse

Started by digital_biscuit on Design and Construction

11 Replies
Last post August 15, 2007, 15:56
by GrannieAnnie
xx
B&Q Greenhouse

Started by carlrmj on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post August 27, 2013, 12:12
by carlrmj
xx
Greenhouse

Started by Jamie Butterworth on Design and Construction

14 Replies
Last post April 22, 2011, 17:59
by Jamie Butterworth

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 36 queries.