Battery-operated lawnmower

• 2 Replies

Goosegirl

Battery-operated lawnmower
« on: April 17, 2014, 13:19 »
I have three lawns which I mow with an electric mower. Apart from the fact that it is getting a bit old (manufacture date 1990), I'm not as mobile as I was, and am fed up with having to constantly unsnare the electric cable from wherever, am looking to buy a cordless one. Currently, I am interested in the Bosch Rotak 37 Li model. Anyone had any experiences of them?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mobilekat

Re: Battery-operated lawnmower
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 22:35 »
We gave the mains powered version and it's a cracking machine. I would imagine being Bosch it should be good.
I did try to persuade the OH to go wireless, but he pointed out the price difference!

Good luck!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

AnneB

Re: Battery-operated lawnmower
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:36 »
I might be a bit late with the reply and you may have already purchased Goosegirl, but we bought a second hand reconditioned 37 Li from our local garden centre for £99.  They even gave us £10 part exchange for our non working Black & Decker.

We wouldn't go back to a mower with a cable now.  It makes mowing quicker and more convenient.  No longer messing about with extension leads passed through windows or doors to do the front lawn or stopping to throw the cable out of the way.  We have quite a big rear garden and a small patch of lawn at the front.   We can do both without the battery going flat, although if the grass is left too long and/ or you go very slow it can run out, but just takes an hour to charge up. 

The cut is great.   Throughly recommend.

xx
Vintage 12V Battery Operated Rotavator!

Started by Missie on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 09:26
by Missie
xx
For those about to dibble, the 'Growster' Foot-Operated Dibbler...

Started by Growster... on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post May 14, 2011, 20:48
by Growster...
xx
Lawnmower help please

Started by Maryann on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 17:25
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
decarbon a lawnmower

Started by adal on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post July 20, 2012, 08:05
by Amilo

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 38 queries.