Whitefly Problem

• 2 Replies

Dev

• Experienced Member
Whitefly Problem
« on: November 06, 2018, 15:20 »
Has anybody else had problems with Whitefly this year? Specifically Brassica Whitefly. I am inundated with the little B****s and don't seem to have any remedy. All allotments around have the same problem. I sat peacefully glowing (I don't do a lot of digging normally) in front of my greenhouse today - no wind to speak of - and there are hundreds of whitefly flying around. Every time you brush against a brassica thousands of the little B***s take off. There's no point in spraying anything as they just come from other allotments. Do we just need a very cold winter spell, or should I buy an industrial strength vacuum cleaner?

DHM

• Experienced Member
Re: Whitefly Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 16:19 »
Had them on my Swedes for a while but they don't seem to be damaging the plants at all. Next year when I have the full plot planted up I expect I'll be moaning aboit them!

rowlandwells

Re: Whitefly Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 16:39 »
we to seem to have the same whitefly  problem as you although netted I was told I should have used insect netting -environmental fine mesh a 5mx2m would set me back £13.50 +vat + delivery total cost around twenty quid

the other year i was told by another good gardener  to try a mixture of washing up liquid and cooking oil on my brusells and i have to say we had whitefly but disappeared  after I sprayed and the buttons where perfect  when picked but I thought I'L try small plastic netting this season although  it kept the pigeons out it never stopped  those little whitefly  b-----s so I'm going to go back to my spray method

I've always said when you see a forty acre field of brussels not a whitefly in sight that will be picked by the trailer load in another several weeks leading upto Christmas

xx
Whitefly problem.

Started by silver8 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post July 25, 2009, 10:09
by alybong
xx
whitefly

Started by big green bloke on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post December 13, 2006, 22:50
by MontyTom
xx
Whitefly already

Started by mr Isaccs on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 19, 2010, 20:49
by MOLUSC
xx
whitefly

Started by shadsncoops on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 20, 2011, 21:23
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.423 seconds with 38 queries.