Hi and progress report

• 5 Replies

twhincup

• http://www.crazyhorsetrading.com
Hi and progress report
« on: June 18, 2006, 21:47 »
Just wanted to say it seems that a load have people have recently joined and said hi, I havent posted to all of you but would like to take the opportunity to welcome you here as I was.

I've been 'lottying' since march this year and have had countless little dramas, tons of questions (the best so far being "do 'Dwarf'  beans grow very big?") and a huge learning curve.

Today I went over the lottie and used my new hoe for the 1st time and wished I'd bought one sooner.  I watered everything (thanks to the purchase of 2 x 10 litre watering cans, one in each hand as i cross sided to side).  then i picked broad beans, dug a lettuce, took up a few potatoe plants, thinned the carrots keeping them for the salad and cut some swiss chard.  I added the whole lot to some baked chicken breast and i'm sitting here completely stuffed, feeling rather proud :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Hi and progress report
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 21:51 »
Good on yer twhincup.  Its lovely isn't it, sitting there eating your own food?  We had our own salad leaves and spring onions in our dinner tonight and last night, and Friday night I cooked my VERY first ever courgette.  Broad beans have doubled in size I think since yesterday, so they won't be long and most of my tomatoes and potatoes are flowering!!

Oliveview

Hi and progress report
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 22:00 »
My toms (Roma) are now getting very large, both plants and fruit.  I am going to have a go at sundrying them.  Can´t wait to get my garden and start growing stuff properly instead of ´pretending´on a patio! :D

GrannieAnnie

Hi and progress report
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 22:04 »
Hi Oliveview!!!  I do hope you get a 'proper' garden soon.  Are you going to tste one of your Roma's first, to see what they taste like 'au naturel'???

Oliveview

Hi and progress report
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 22:06 »
I have about 30 of a good size fruit  now Ann, so will do a taste test first!  Any ideas as to how to transport a large tub of toms to my new (hopefully soon) garden without damaging them?????   :?:   HAve emailed you too Ann at last!

GrannieAnnie

Hi and progress report
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 16:55 »
Just read your email Oliveview, will email you later tonight.  You could do iwth a little sack barrow or something to transport your big pots, just bump it down the stairs gently, making sure its Jim at the lower end and not you!!!! lol

xx
Progress report...

Started by Nicki85 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 21, 2011, 14:20
by Goosegirl
xx
Progress report

Started by PeterR on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 04, 2008, 11:49
by vineweevil1
grin
Progress Report and question

Started by kev p on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 07, 2010, 22:25
by digalotty
xx
My New Veg Garden Progress Report. [Pics]

Started by WebSiteEvo on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 05, 2008, 15:26
by Sadgit

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 38 queries.