green house layout

• 2 Replies

dmg

green house layout
« on: March 15, 2017, 00:40 »
I am hoping to pick up a greenhouse - 10ftx6ft in the next few weeks
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7057661  and wondering the best layout for it would be
It will be in my front garden N - S with the back of it about 6ft away from a 8ft beech hedge, with the front door opening onto the drive. There will be a shed running the length of it 8ft to the right of it
I will be running power to it also. The ground has had a few trees on it which I will hopefully get their roots out
I want to put in a grape vine and also space for a heated bench.

What would the best layout to try?

Dmg

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: green house layout
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 08:08 »
Vines are usually planted at the door end and trained up to and then along the eaves towards the back, preferably on the sunniest side.

Other than that put your bench wherever is easiest for the electrical supply, would be my advice.

stompy

Re: green house layout
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:29 »
Vines are usually planted at the door end and trained up to and then along the eaves towards the back, preferably on the sunniest side.

Not wanting to contradice mos but i've and most others on the sites i've been on plant outside then train the vine in at the bottom of the middle back pannel through a hole on the bottom pane.
The glas is usuall replaced with either a pice of plywood or a poly carbonate sheet then trained up a cane into the eve's of the roof as either one or two vines towards the door.

Just saying what i've read and seen over the years.

If you split the vine when at the top of the greenhouse eves by stopping the leading shoot then then grow on the two next buds it will continue to grow on with 2 runners, it also acts as a really good sun shade for the rest of the plants in the middle of summer, by having the root ball outside there isn't as much of an issue with watering and the roots don't take up any growing space in the greenhouse borders.

Andy

xx
Anyone Use their car as a green house

Started by Madame Cholet on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

13 Replies
Last post June 16, 2015, 21:44
by Madame Cholet
xx
green house

Started by colinc on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2011, 00:10
by cooperman
xx
green house?

Started by pawsnclaws on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2011, 19:55
by Thephoenix572
xx
green house watering

Started by colinc on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

3 Replies
Last post July 03, 2011, 19:22
by japagow

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 40 queries.