I was livid.

• 81 Replies

Livinhope

Re: I was livid.
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2010, 09:23 »
I like the idea of a notice, let's everyone know someone's been naughty without naming names.

harry

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2010, 12:56 »
Is there any way you can fence your plot off so that she can't walk across?

You shouldnt have to fence your plot off its good manners to walk round. My nearest tap is two plots away but i bought a long hose and take it up the path.  :nowink:
Hurray finally retired
two plots now 31A and 35A

Livinhope

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2010, 14:27 »
i know we shouldn't but we do sometimes have to take drastic measures to protect our property :(

Paul Plots

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2010, 15:31 »
Down the plot this morning watering at 6am and as I put the hose out to the nearest tap (on the otherside of my neighbour's plot) it occured to me.....the quickest route would be straight across my neighbour's plot on his mown grass path - but I never take it....

On each corner of my plot I have a hefty metal stake.... they serve no purpose other than allowing me to pull my hose around my neighbour's plot and the edges of mine without the hose dragging onto any of the growing areas or plants.

If you can obtain 4 similar stakes (metal pipe works best - once in it stays for good!) you could point these out to your neighbour and explain that perhaps she might want to do the same so as to avoid damaging crops and trampling on the soil when she walks around the edge along the paths to put her hose out. In fact you could be banging them in the next time you are both down there at the same time!!  ;)

I'd also explain how upset you had been feeling at the prospect of having newly cultivated ground compacted/trampled on and crops flattened when others will not use the paths.

I'd also say that I'd read the allotment rules and no one is allowed to walk over other peoples plots - makes sense as to why....

If the message does not appear to be getting through....you could add one or both of these:

a) so will you please not walk over my plot again - I would not want to do it to yours nor would you want me to.

b) I have 4 spare stakes - would you like them for your plot?

Just a thought....... :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Livinhope

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2010, 21:48 »
She wouldn't normally use the tap near our plot not that she isn't entitled to, she just wouldn't wait for the chap the other side to finish watering.  He was only about 5 mins.  We are fencing, I have the netting and that way it's fairly solid, it will also keep the kids two plots up from running on the plot after their ball.  Don't ask. :mad:

joshbuchan

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2010, 21:51 »
geeze! sound mroe like a zoo than a allotment :ohmy: i think everybody needs to refresh there selfs and anybody they take onto the side with the rule book!

Beetroot queen

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2010, 21:52 »
She wouldn't normally use the tap near our plot not that she isn't entitled to, she just wouldn't wait for the chap the other side to finish watering.  He was only about 5 mins.  We are fencing, I have the netting and that way it's fairly solid, it will also keep the kids two plots up from running on the plot after their ball.  Don't ask. :mad:

we fenced ours not to keep people out more to keep our kids in  :lol:

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 38 queries.