Seeds direct

• 26 Replies

brendabel18

Seeds direct
« on: March 16, 2009, 13:29 »
Hi Everyone,

Hope your all well,

I am after a review if anyone has one, I have found a seed supplier on the internet "seeds direct" who sell all their seed packets for 95p. Now the variety of each type of veg is not as good as other more well known suppliers but I have done a comparison check on a couple of seeds and they are indeeds selling some of the same seed variety, quantity and type for a lot cheaper ( and their P&P is only 95p).
Has anyone any experiance of this supplier and its product or is it too good to be true?

Many thanks, Bren
thanks
xb

corynsboy

• Experienced Member
    • http://growingyourownveg.blogspot.com/
Re: Seeds direct
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 14:01 »
Nothing but good words for them.  I'm not connected to them in any way.  They have been on my fav sellers list on ebay for the better part of a year. 
Corynsboy's Blog

What's the difference between a good farmer and a bad farmer?  About a week.

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 14:14 »
not sure if they are the same, but I use "premier_seeds_direct" on E-Bay and they are brilliant. I bought loads recently and the P&P was just 70p..

JulesJ

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 18:29 »
not sure if they are the same, but I use "premier_seeds_direct" on E-Bay and they are brilliant. I bought loads recently and the P&P was just 70p..

Ditto to this; 'premier_seeds_direct' are excellent.

Paul Plots

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 18:36 »
Hi Everyone,

Hope your all well,

I am after a review if anyone has one, I have found a seed supplier on the internet "seeds direct" who sell all their seed packets for 95p. Now the variety of each type of veg is not as good as other more well known suppliers but I have done a comparison check on a couple of seeds and they are indeeds selling some of the same seed variety, quantity and type for a lot cheaper ( and their P&P is only 95p).
Has anyone any experiance of this supplier and its product or is it too good to be true?

Many thanks, Bren

I have a supplier who can beat that price - if you're interested let me know - happy to share.
Most prices around 60p to 70p standard sized packets. :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

pol and mick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 20:14 »
I recently received a order from a site called www.moreveg.co.uk. Their prices start from 50p a packet. Infact most of their packets are 50p.They provide seeds in realistic amounts in little clear self sealing bags each with a little information card. Postage is free if your place an order £5 or more otherwise p+p is 85p for orders beblow £5. Delivery is preety fast too. Their website is very user friendly.
pol

sawnee

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 20:31 »
It would be interesting to do a little strawpoll to see if the "cheap" seeds do what it says on the tin  :unsure:
"You must cut down the mightiest Oak of the forest,with a ......... Herring!"
(Holy Grail)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 21:09 »
It would be interesting to do a little strawpoll to see if the "cheap" seeds do what it says on the tin 

and the same thing for the 'expensive' seed suppliers >:(

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 21:16 »
Ive never heard of them before so thanks for starting this thread Bren, itll be worth an investigation (but I do love my wilkos seeds)
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

woodburner

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 21:57 »
brendabel I think you need to put the whole address in your post.

The first site I found was selling a dozen different varieties of cannabis seed!!  :ohmy:  :wacko:
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

Paul Plots

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 00:14 »
I recently received a order from a site called www.moreveg.co.uk. Their prices start from 50p a packet. Infact most of their packets are 50p.They provide seeds in realistic amounts in little clear self sealing bags each with a little information card. Postage is free if your place an order £5 or more otherwise p+p is 85p for orders beblow £5. Delivery is preety fast too. Their website is very user friendly.

This sounds good....but my supplier sells standard sized seed packets (they buy in bulk ready packetted from a seed supplier) and their prices are 60p to 80p depending on seed type / size.

If anyone is interested I can email details.

iwantanallotment

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 01:05 »
brendabel I think you need to put the whole address in your post.

The first site I found was selling a dozen different varieties of cannabis seed!!  :ohmy:  :wacko:
Brendabel!  :blink:

Another Premier Seeds Direct fan...bought loads of seed from them last year and more this year - and germination rate is fantastic Sawnee, even for those 'harder to germinate' things  :)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 07:41 »
This sounds worth investigating Leaner. Could you post the link or pm please?
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

BILL251

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 08:04 »
Thanks  for  the link  will keep till next  year  now .  I use  to use  park seeds  they  where   about  50p a  packet  and  where  realy   good .. They where taken  over  and  just  not the same    and  B.q. are  going up more each  year   

spottymint

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 10:53 »
Hi

Have bought loads of seeds of premier seeds direct and germination results have been excellent, planted 6 artickoke seeds, have 6 plants, 5 tom seeds of each variety and have 5 seedlings of each.

Have bought other seeds off ebay and had bad results, mainly from private sellers.

Saw and bought Johnson's seeds in a garden centre, near the New Forest at 40p a packet, seem to be germinating fine.

xx
Which seeds can I sow direct?

Started by Kirpi on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post February 25, 2013, 07:51
by Kirpi
xx
Anyone else had a problem accessing Premier Seeds Direct?

Started by Christine on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post October 31, 2022, 18:11
by Snowboar
xx
what to direct sow now?

Started by stephent on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 07, 2013, 09:58
by Rosehip
xx
What do you sow direct?

Started by AmandaLouise on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 07:36
by safetrade

Page created in 0.393 seconds with 40 queries.