Greenhouse growing NEWBIE!!!

• 2 Replies

ruralbob

Greenhouse growing NEWBIE!!!
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:33 »
Hi

After a couple of weeks of getting my base level, greenhouse erected without instructions I have finally got it up. It is my first time of having a greenhouse (not of growing veg), so I was after any tips that may be of use. I have a paraffin heater to take the chill off on an evening so quite confident my toms which are now around 6 inch high can go in but is it safe to put young seedling in there yet???.

Any tips would really be appreciated.

Cheers

x

Oh, it's aluminuim framed, 8 foot x 6 foot and glass (if that helps)
JIM

Chrysalis

Re: Greenhouse growing NEWBIE!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:26 »
Welcome to the forums!
I have only got a large placcy greenhouse and coldframe, but my toms and squashes are doing really well in it, without any heat....  I cover them at night inside the coldframe, inside the "Crime scene tent" as my OH refers to it...  All marigolds and peas inside it too... running out of room, may need to get one (two) more?  :D :D

pigeonpie

Re: Greenhouse growing NEWBIE!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 15:02 »
I started all of my peas and broad beans off in the unheated greenhouse and all my toms, cucumbers etc in the propogator in the top (rather shaded) greenhouse.  I pricked them out and began the daily chore of carrying the toms down to the sunny but unheated greenhouse for the day then bringing them up to the house for the night.  I got bored of this a couple of weeks ago and decided to chance them overnight in the unheated greenhouse.  They're fine.  Looking really strong and not getting too leggy.  I have however, kept the cucumbers in the propogators for the time being.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 35 queries.