Surprise family :)

• 4 Replies

Eumaeus

• The Island Smallholder
Surprise family :)
« on: June 03, 2010, 15:15 »
We have two barn cats - both of which are ex-ferals.  Toby the ex-tom started life as a feral kitten, went to a home and then came to us after the little boy there kept throwing things at him.  He came to us a quiverign wreck of cathood but is now tame enough that we can stroke him and he comes to talk to us when we are working around the barn.

The other, Blotchy, was a feral kitten who adopted us.  She started hanging around and, realisign she was a feral we fed her.  After a couple of weeks she decided one day that she wanted to be a domestic cat and climbed on my lap for a cuddle - and has never looked back, you would never know she was a feral.

And yesterday, she produced babies.  She has tucked them away in a pile of junk in the barn, but as far as I can see she has only had two.  Mostly white with black spots.  Like I need more cats  ::)  But they look like gorgeous kittens and if they take after their mum they will be lovely natured and awesome hunters.  :)
Amateurs - built the Ark

Professionals?  They built the titanic

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: Surprise family :)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 16:06 »
What a lovely surprise. Even if you don't want more cats not many people cannot be charmed by kittens. Can't wait for pics...even though I'm not a cat person. :)

madcat

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 17:13 »
Ahh !  And brought them out to show you!   :D :D

(I get the feeling that one young lady is going to have to have a quick trip to the vets shortly if you aren't to be over-run with kittens.   ::)  )
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

plum crumble

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 17:29 »
 :nowink:  :nowink:  :nowink: chh! where's the piccies??????? ::)
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

Eumaeus

• The Island Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 15:20 »
:D - she hasnt' brought them out to show us yet - they are only a couple of days old as far as I can tell.  My 8yo DD breeds rabbits.  She picked up Blotchy to cuddle her and said "er....mum......I think Blotchy's feeding kittens" (she's used to the feel of full teats on her bunnies LOL)

We then stalked the cat after she had eaten and it wasn't long before she disappeared into a pile of stuff.  She seems quite happy for us to know where her babies are, she comes and asks to be petted as we try to look at them.  I can't actually touch the babies yet though as they are well inside, so to reach them I would have to take apart the den which probably isn't a good idea.

She will be going to the vet in about 6 weeks time - that is a bit sad as I have nothing against her having the odd litter, but the nurse at the surgery told me that if she isn't done she will just keep having more and more and more.............and then a few more LOL

Pics?!?!?!  I will try very hard, but I have communication problems between my camera and computer.  If I can get it fixed I will post some photos :)

xx
french lops and a surprise!

Started by stickmeup on Pets without Feathers

62 Replies
Last post June 04, 2013, 09:52
by ANHBUC
xx
Our new family member

Started by bramford on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post July 16, 2011, 16:58
by GTFC197
xx
New Addition to the family

Started by titch on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post January 19, 2010, 17:52
by Jellyhead
xx
Hawkins Family Update.

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post February 16, 2010, 18:04
by Hawkins

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 37 queries.