mystery plant

• 35 Replies

glamourpuss

mystery plant
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 18:55 »
Brilliant, thanks everybody!   :D  You have put many minds at rest, and has cheered me up after having to leave my dog at the animal hospital this afternoon.  :(  

Thanks for all your efforts!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
mystery plant
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 00:07 »
Sorry Auntie, didn't look at my book, didn't realise Sambuca and Elder were the same thing.  Also didn't realise there were so many Sambucas!!!!

Hey Oliver, you want to watch that shed roof gets slippery after its been raining, that's if you are getting any rain?  It's hardly stopped here since Saturday!!!!  I've run out of places to store the water, I need a reservoir!!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
mystery plant
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 06:29 »
Quote from: "grannieannie"
didn't realise Sambuca and Elder were the same thing.  Also didn't realise there were so many Sambucas!!!!

We got it right though didn't we Grannie  :D

Oliver

Rain ...
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2007, 09:13 »
Quote from: "grannieannie"
... Hey Oliver, you want to watch that shed roof gets slippery after its been raining, that's if you are getting any rain?  It's hardly stopped here since Saturday!!!!  I've run out of places to store the water, I need a reservoir!!

While all this rain and wind and cold has been going on I have been staying on the chair indoors! The Other-one has been too.

She has been collecting water in buckets (found a leak in the poly roof!), but forgot to bring her toms in from hardening off. Rain softened the potting compost, wind blew them all horizontal and actually snapped one off. Fortunately only one. Rest will be sold on Saturday for HortSoc funds if they stand up! - one less thing to worry about. All we need now is a bit o sun and everything will romp away - especially the weeds I suppose! Nice to talk to you again hope the dog has learned the difference between a pumpkin and a tennis ball.
Oliver :lol:
Keep the plot cultivated, that's the best way to ensure its future.

Fannyann

mystery plant
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 16:26 »
I would hazard a guess at Sambucus racemosa "Tenuifolium".  If not something more exotic! I've seen it before at the garden centre I used to work at, but can't be 100% sure of the name.
I finished my diploma in Horticulture 14 yrs ago and am what you'd call "rusty". The frilly foliage is the juvenile growth.
I'll dust mt plant books out and get a 2nd opinion from hubby when he's home. :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
mystery plant
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 20:29 »
(quote from Oliver): hope the dog has learned the difference between a pumpkin and a tennis ball.)  

It was a melon actually, but that's not a bad memory for a senior pussycat!!!!  :lol:  :lol:   But we'll have to see how she is this year with the melons and I've actually got a pumpkin plant too!!!!

xx
my mystery plant!

Started by Mum2mj on General Gardening

9 Replies
Last post June 15, 2012, 20:29
by Mum2mj
xx
Mystery plant

Started by countrygardener on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post July 09, 2010, 17:22
by Arbutus
clip
Another mystery plant ID please.

Started by Goosegirl on General Gardening

9 Replies
Last post June 30, 2021, 13:14
by Goosegirl
xx
Mystery plant id please!!

Started by Dan78 on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post June 15, 2011, 22:37
by grinling

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 34 queries.