Seconds and mains

• 5 Replies

Rocinante

• I am not paranoid but I know you think I am.
Seconds and mains
« on: April 10, 2018, 17:14 »
Hi all,
After a fortnights holiuday I returned home hoping to be able to plant the rest of my spuds but it is so wet I cant touch the ground, the sprouts on the Kerr Pinks are about 6” long and it doesnt look like I will be able to try and plant them for at least another week. Will they be ok?
Regards
Roccinante
Regards,
Roccinante

rowlandwells

Re: Seconds and mains
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 17:46 »
tell us about it Roc I'm hear scratching my a...s waiting on start line as I've already said on this site its just to wet to start do more harm than good just got to ride it through hopefully the sun mite appear sometime this year

I just hope our water supplier doesn't say there mite be a water shortage this year  :mad:we have our seed potatoes and onion sets sitting beside me saying please plant me but luckly the spud shoots are not to long yet and ther's only a few onion sets showing a green shoot im also told by my farmer friends that there running out of animal feed hay and straw because its been a long winter for them and us

so legs crossed the weather mite i say mite improve next week   :unsure:

al78

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:38 »
Next week looks to be the end of the semi-permanent November with some warm sunny weather, they should be able to wait that long. I planted my mains in wet conditions last Sunday, not ideal but if the weather is going to continuously make gardening as difficult as possible I felt it had to be done, and hope they don't rot.

Rocinante

• I am not paranoid but I know you think I am.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 08:41 »
Hi,
My concern is the length of the shoots, i shall break some off in planting them and hopefully wont damage them to much.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 11:17 »
Hi,
My concern is the length of the shoots, i shall break some off in planting them and hopefully wont damage them to much.

If they are really long shoots like that, I would be tempted to rub the lot off now and let them make fresh new ones.  If they go in a week from now or even later, the crop will obviously be delayed, but they will get there in the end.

Redgoat

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 20:14 »
Next week looks to be the end of the semi-permanent November with some warm sunny weather, they should be able to wait that long. I planted my mains in wet conditions last Sunday, not ideal but if the weather is going to continuously make gardening as difficult as possible I felt it had to be done, and hope they don't rot.

I love that description of this spring as being, semi-permanent November. Frustrating but accurate

xx
first and seconds

Started by Robin Redbreast on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 22, 2009, 20:54
by Robin Redbreast
xx
cucumber growing - 7 days in 60 seconds

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2016, 09:45
by sunshineband
xx
sowing seedlings without mains water

Started by blackbob on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post April 02, 2010, 15:24
by blackbob
xx
Am I mad or do plants love rain more than mains water?

Started by Elcie on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post June 09, 2010, 21:15
by MOLUSC

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 39 queries.