Leaflets/flyers

• 15 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Leaflets/flyers
« on: March 22, 2018, 10:50 »
You know, those you get inside your parcel deliveries, those from the postie with your letters and those that get poked through the letterbox - do you actually read any of them?
Mine go straight in the bin! What a waste of paper..

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Leaflets/flyers
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 10:58 »
Yep straight in the recycling!

What makes me smile is the local political leaflets; Our local Conservative representative delivers nice compositible leaflets yet our Green candidate insists on glossy full colour newsheets.  :nowink:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 11:08 »
 ::)  :lol: :lol:

Toosje

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 11:37 »
I have a sticker on my box:No No. No to leaflets and no to papers/magazines without my name on.
Some companies go around it with 'to the inhabitant of this address'.. Sometimes I just send them back with the message to take our address of the list.

It doesn't help with the packages though!

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:57 »
Since moving to rural North Norfolk 95% of them have stopped as have the cold calls 99%.

Maybe it is because when I am asked for my address or phone number I want to know what are they going to do with it.

If I do give it out they are told Not to put it on any market database.

madcat

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 16:13 »
In France I notice that most of the mailboxes have "Pas Pub" or equivalent stuck to them to refuse such publicity stuff.  If they work, then the distributors must have more or less given up, so few working mailboxes will accept them. 

All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 16:13 »
Since moving to rural North Norfolk 95% of them have stopped as have the cold calls 99%.

Maybe it is because when I am asked for my address or phone number I want to know what are they going to do with it.

If I do give it out they are told Not to put it on any market database.

The phone number is an easy one; I memorised a number from a dominatix's calling card from a London phone box around 2011. I imagine anyone cold calling that number gets quite the suprise ;)

8doubles

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 18:31 »
Flyers from supermarkets that have a £5 off a £25-£30 shop get cut out and used .
Especially if they have low prices to start with !
Half a dozen jars of coffee make a big dent in £30 !

rowlandwells

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 19:31 »
my wife used to work for the royal mail delivering post around our village having delivered many leaflets/flyers in the twenty three years she worked there some of her colleagues complained about the amount of what they called junk mail but where told by managers that leaflets/and flyers where an important part of the business to keep them in a job

flyers and leaflets where heavy to carry and took quite a time especially when every houshold had on or two when its lashing down with rain many of my wifes customers used to complain and put them stright in the bin and then theres political leaflets for all parties say no more

our golen rules never but never give any personal details  over the phone its a swift goodbuy to those guys  then  parcels and letters taking all our names and addresses and post codes of burning all the financial data show the cold callers the gate don't need our drive doing today THANK YOU  >:(

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 19:46 »
Don't get me onto pedlars/hawkers please..

I WARNED YOU...

DON'T!

As for junk mail, it does keep our postman in a job, and we like him! He's a nicer bloke than white-van man; mucking up our grassy kerb and rushing everywhere at speeds not unlike Lewis 'bling' Hamilton' at Brands Hatch.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 00:13 »
As an ex-postie myself (albeit many years ago) we were paid an extra amount per week for delivering the junk leaflets as part of our rounds. Not much though and now we're in the era of the minimum wage I imagine that extra payment is long gone.

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 07:52 »
Flyers from supermarkets that have a £5 off a £25-£30 shop get cut out and used .
Especially if they have low prices to start with !
Half a dozen jars of coffee make a big dent in £30 !

Absolutely, 8!

We found that the Christmas flyers from Wairose paid for all our bottles of scotch, gin, wine and the rest! By then, although they rarely give the discount vouchers during the year, it's a welcome boost to the cheer one would like to have without paying too much for it!

I wonder what a voucher from H.A. Rods looks like...

AnnieB

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 08:23 »
All mine get dumped in a recyling box kept at the front door precisely for the purpose of picking them off the floor and dropping immediatly into.

They never get read, they get scrapped within seconds. Local newspapers are treated the same.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 10:21 »
Over the years the weekly routine when the Radio Times thuds onto the doormat has become as automatic as brushing my teeth: remove plastic mailing cover, hold magazine between two pinkies over the recycling box, allow the junk mail to fall into the box, flick pages to allow the inevitable other junk cunningly concealed between them to follow suit.  ::)

At some later stage delete junk emails from the RT subscription company and make mental note to unsubscribe from their emails (I think some part of me thinks that one day they will actually recommend something I actually want at a bargain price, but it's not happened yet!)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Dantheman

• Experienced Member
  • :) :) :)
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 10:56 »
As an ex-postie myself (albeit many years ago) we were paid an extra amount per week for delivering the junk leaflets as part of our rounds. Not much though and now we're in the era of the minimum wage I imagine that extra payment is long gone.
Hi,
I'm a postie and hate the door to doors (junk mail) this week I've had 7 for each door which is just crazy, but we do get paid extra for posting them and it's a sack able offence.  I wish we didn't have to post them but it helps keep us in a job.  So sorry guys composting material.

Cheers Dan
Dear God, Please can you stop the wind and rain and bring on the nice weather. Amen

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 51 queries.