finally hip operation in sight

• 9 Replies

LILLILEAF

• Experienced Member
finally hip operation in sight
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:00 »
I have had a letter for my pre op assesment,after 2yrs of waiting,at last i will get my loose hip removed and a new one put in,this time it will be in straight and it will not be loose.
I will have to try depending on the weather,on getting my ground dug and my spuds in,and every thing else in need to do done before i go in.Fingers crossed it will go ahead and it won't be cancelled at the last second.Lillileaf
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:17 by DD. »

Pescador

• Experienced Member
Re: finally hip operation in sight
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 07:38 »
Hope it all happens soon, and goes well.
Every Pickle Helps!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:22 »
Fingers crossed here as well  :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:45 »
I had mine done a few years ago but all went ok. I do hope you get yours done properly this time and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I love cooking with wine, and sometimes I even add food!

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 13:20 »
Best wishes Lillileaf that it all goes smoothly & you are soon up & about. Might be worth getting some help for this season even if you have to pay, you donít want to hinder your recovery.

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 16:47 »
If your post op recovery coincides with the manic early growing and sowing season, perhaps consider covering some of your plot, and maybe growing a little less of everything than you usually do in a smaller space.  That way, if you can't get help, at least you will be able to take things gently and still have a little of everything you like.  Quite a few veg can be sown as a second, later crop, so if you are up to it later in the season you could uncover more ground for second sowings.
All the best, and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

LILLILEAF

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 18:51 »
Thank you soooo much for all your kind wishes and thoughts,i think this weekend will be nice so I will be in the spud patch digging away.
I have already sewn my onions and my toms,the toms are up,just sewn a few more.
Also potted some sweet peppers,i put the seeds in to late last year I had not realised how long they take to grow.
I will get my peas started and my runner beans in the next few weeks.
Once again
     Thank you

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 21:53 »
Bit early for runner beans, you donít plant out until after the last frost, so for me would be at least May

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 14:18 »
Lillileaf, as said it's far too early for beans except broad beans, and don't forget that you will have to cope with the after-effects of the op, not just the pain bit but your body will need to recover as well. Keep things to a minimum for this year and allow yourself some me-time to get better properly.

LILLILEAF

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 20:41 »
I am not good at waiting, not a good patient either,i am a person that needs to be busy all the time,they ask you to do a lot of walking after the operation so your muscles will get stronger.
The first hip op I had it done on the Wednesday and I was out on the Friday,they seem to kick you out asap,i know this will be a bigger op as they have to remove the old parts first,then prepare every thing for the new implant it may take between 5 and 8 hrs,so I better behave myself :lol:.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 28 queries.