problem with winston

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

problem with winston
« on: January 31, 2018, 19:16 »
having bought all my seed potatoes main crop cara and  some other early varieties I set the potatoes up in chitting trays as you do everything seemed alright then I noticed the Winston where getting spores on them and then going rotten for no apparent reason

so I contacted the supplier and they asked me to bring them back to see what the problem was the only reason they could put it down to was tuber damage when lifted  causing them to rot  they where more than ready to give me a fresh supply of Winston  I explained Winston was going to be a trial potato for us this season as we have always grew desiree or cara  they suggested we try a variety called Manitou so we bought a couple of kls to try

so has anyone had problems with there  Winston seed potatoes and have you grew Manitou if so how do you rate this variety

jaydig

Re: problem with winston
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 19:34 »
I grew five tubers of Manitou last year as one of my "trial" row of spuds, and I was pleasantly surprised.  I had a fantastic crop of large, clean, tasty potatoes that were suitable for boiling, steaming, frying and baking.  Definitely superior in every way to Desiree, and I would recommend them to anyone. 

rowlandwells

Re: problem with winston
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 18:30 »
thanks Jay looking forward to planting and harvesting this season if they produce like you say then they will be my main crop for next year

xx
Rocket and Winston variety potatoes

Started by exvmremf on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 10, 2009, 04:55
by DD.
xx
Winston first earlies foliage falling over

Started by chickpeacurry on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 11, 2013, 08:00
by mumofstig
xx
Grape vine problem and pea problem

Started by Ma Lowe on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 13, 2014, 12:17
by Ma Lowe
xx
Pea problem

Started by North Devon Dumpling on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 09, 2010, 10:42
by North Devon Dumpling

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 34 queries.