Rotovators

• 16 Replies

Digger the Dog

Re: Rotovators
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 17:59 »
You are a few posts short for the pm system Digger, but I have added you so Jezza can pm you.  Alternatively, if you log out and log in again you should see the My Messages title at the top of the page, so you can PM him

Many thanks

Growster...

Re: Rotovators
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 21:01 »
I've found that the trenching tool on the Mantis, with just two blades/tines, not four, can take down even a hard weedy patch with just a little perseverance.

Because I was far too late getting the digging done for the spuds, all I did was reverse the tines to chop out the annual weeds, then put the tines back on the spindle in forward trenching mode. Even on quite hard soil, after a few bounces, it dug in extremely well, such that I didn't need to dig at all, and all the annual weeds have died and are buried!

I know a Mantis is prone to bouncing over hard stuff, but the trick is to stand still and gently (perhaps just a bit forcefully sometimes), pull the machine backwards. That'll give it a chance to get down and dirty!

I couldn't handle a big machine these days, being a frail, silly old Growster, whimpering a few times, and wondering where all the years went..:0)

But a Mantis! Yeee Haaaah! It does all the work I need!

xx
Rotovators

Started by pipfit on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post October 18, 2009, 19:15
by pipfit
xx
Rotovators

Started by Oliveview on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post December 23, 2015, 21:06
by jezza
xx
Rotovators

Started by pipfit on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 14:28
by smud6ie
xx
Norlett rotovators

Started by oldfentiger on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 30, 2010, 06:23
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 34 queries.