What a difference in our Amber now.

• 16 Replies

Goosegirl

What a difference in our Amber now.
« on: January 08, 2015, 12:00 »
We lost our Millie-millie last November and it was so sad - thanks to all for your condolences. She really did not get on with our nervous cat Amber which grew over time to the extent that she was either outside or in our bedroom. Since then, it has been quite an experience to see how Amber is gaining her confidence to the extent that she feels she can once again lay in front of the fire for a while and wander round the house, albeit still nervous, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future. I have attached a pic of Amber in all her glory.
Amber.jpg
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: What a difference in our Amber now.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:07 »
Awww bless her, hopfully she will soon be more confident. She looks very like our little lad.

Kevin67

• 250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:12 »
I love dogs, but I'm a cat man - especially ginger cats!

Amber looks gorgeous!
250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
Cheap as chips, diy preferred
Will swap root cuttings etc

"There comes a point where Mother nature just says no, without a lot of electricity." Quote Beesrus

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 12:59 »
She's beautiful  :)
The pecking order is often very clear (as I have discovered with 4 cats ::))

My Moo (Mathilda really - but she's a moody moo :D) has become very nervous as Lotty the feral kitten-cat can be a bit of a bully and she was most put out when we introduced the other two :mellow:

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 13:28 »
I love dogs, but I'm a cat man - especially ginger cats!

Amber looks gorgeous!
Oh she so is! It has taken her a while to realise that giving me a really hard bite on my hand when I gave her a big loving session wasn't on. (Some cats' way of showing love like one of our other cats called Daphne). Now she nips and then she looks at me and almost says - was that ok - not too hard?? I know what you mean about the pecking order but it's up to them to sort it out and for us to watch it all go on! Kevin67 - you have read the book "A Street Cat named Bob"? If you haven't, go get it now.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 13:29 by Goosegirl »

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 13:30 »
What a pretty cat. Our cat who was a rescue from being locked in as the people moved out has decided she will not come in ever again, she roams the neighbourhood, comes home for food, sits in the garden but she refuses to cross that door step.

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 11:30 »
Does she like cat treats such as "Dreamies"? I am typing that word very quietly as our three cats go mad over them and know both the word and the sound of the packet being opened from miles away! Try her with some outside then gradually move them nearer the doorstep. Be very casual about it (like leave them then go away) and leave her be to take her time and overcome her fear. She will have to decide whether taking the chance for a cat treat she now loves is worth the risk, but do it very slowly and gradually. When she gets a bit nearer the doorstep you will probably have to leave the door open so you can start leaving one or two on the step and just inside. If she shows trust in you when outside, then it might just work.

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 18:40 »
She will snatch and run but thats it, she will sunbathe in the summer on the door mat but one noise and she is off.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 20:18 »
Does she like cat treats such as "Dreamies"? I am typing that word very quietly as our three cats go mad over them and know both the word and the sound of the packet being opened from miles away!
Likewise here!!!
Bite your fingers off for them they would! :lol: :lol:

maxyboo

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 21:49 »
She looks gorgeous GG. How is Daphne? If I recall correctly she had a problem with a balding bottie a while back?

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 12:01 »
Maxiboo - you remember correctly but strangely enough, though her trouser fur grew back to its previous former glory, it has just started up again. She and the other two have just had a flea treatment but I don't think that's the cause. DBG - when opening (or even touching) a packet of Dreamies I almost get knocked over in the rush. If our Amber is upstairs on the bed, I have a packet secreted there and have to shut the door so I can put it up my jumper, then I go into the bathroom, shut the door, and put some in my pocket to give her later on when their eyes return to their normal size!  :lol:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 05:29 »
GG could the balding bottie which is starting again be seasonal alopecia? My staffy x Rosie developed this last year (had several skin scrapes and tests to rule out other causes ring worm mange etc.) and her bald patches were symmetrical on both sides of her body.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Goosegirl

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 12:45 »
Thanks joyfull - it is just on the inside of her back legs at the moment but will keep taking notice and Giggle this problem for further info. Did you have any treatment given for it?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 17:14 »
no we just had to wait for her hair to grow back (took about 5 months), this winter she has only had a little bit of hair loss. I have heard of parrots also suffering from it and they have day light bulbs over their cages for part of the day.

Goosegirl

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 14:36 »
Ah - it could be alopecia as it took her a few months for her fluffly trousers and tail to gain all the fur again. Thanks for that.

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 35 queries.