My new climbing rose is dying on me.....

• 3 Replies

Broadhaven

• Experienced Member
My new climbing rose is dying on me.....
« on: June 07, 2010, 19:18 »
I bought 2 climbing roses a few weeks ago. One was Penny Lane which is doing very well, the other is Summertime Chewlarmoll which is looking like its about to die on me. I have already taken it out of the ground and replanted it in a pot with fresh compost from a garden centre. Does anyone know what I can do to salvage it. Its only about 8 inch tall.

DavidT

Re: My new climbing rose is dying on me.....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 21:16 »
Any chance of a pic or two? We can`t advise on the information supplied. If you can`t supply an image can you please give more details on what is happening to the plant, what conditions it was planted in and what treatment/feed it`s been given.

Broadhaven

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:46 »
Hi DavidT just been out in the rain to take pics. Hope my attachments work, not done this before.

When I got the rose I planted it against my pergola and then noticed that the leaves were dying. I then lifted it and planted it in a pot and buried it again in the ground against the pergola. As you can see its not doing so well. The last photo is of the Penny Lane and is romping away.
I can't download them as it keeps saying an error has occured and the size is to big. I have tried just to download 1 and its coming up with the same message.

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 14:27 »
When you planted it, did you disturb the roots at all? If you did, this is part of the problem - roses really do hate root disturbance. There's a big difference between potted roses and bare-root ones.

If not, then there are other problems and without a pic, it's hard to tell. But at a guess, I'd suggest you cut the main stem back to green growth, give it a watering with just a bit of transplanting fertilizer if you have any, and leave it in a partly shaded spot to recover. Full sun right now is just too stressful. Also, have a very close look everywhere for any signs of disease or pest. You might not find anything but best to be sure.

xx
Climbing Rose

Started by black diamond on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post February 05, 2008, 11:59
by Selkie
xx
climbing rose

Started by hoporus on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post April 18, 2010, 10:34
by hoporus
clip
What's eating my climbing rose?

Started by Pony Girl on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post November 16, 2013, 11:37
by Goosegirl
xx
Moving climbing rose

Started by Zippy on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 00:00
by white westie

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 38 queries.