Unplugging the TV.

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Unplugging the TV.
« on: October 09, 2018, 21:05 »
If I unplug the tele, and the recorder thingy, will I lose all the set-up, or when I replug it will it be the same.

This was one of Darling OH's tasks, and I am not sure.  thanks,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

8doubles

Re: Unplugging the TV.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 22:22 »
Settings and recordings should be fine .
The tv guide may not be updated if the recorder is off overnight.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 13:06 »
thanks, I'll err on safety and turn it off, as long as I don't have to reset everything, I don't mind losing some recordings.  Mrs Bouquet

hamstergbert

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 19:50 »
Agree settings and recordings already made should be fine along with channels.

Future recording schedules will probably be lost.

If your recorder is not one that sets the time from the signal you may have to reset the clock each time you switch it back on - if it automatically reads the time standard signal and sets itself you will be fine.

Some machines update themselves overnight - checking for any changes to their embedded firmware and/or new channel searches.  If you have a trawl through the various menus you may find a setting you can change so that for instance it does the update search  whenever you switch the power on.

The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:18 »
Oh Hamstergbert, You have lost me there.   I just press the Humax on, go to 'guide' which shows the channels, programme titles, time etc, and press.  I hope I won't lose 'Killing Eve' and a couple of other things I have become engrossed in.  :ohmy:  Mrs Bouquet
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:19 by mrs bouquet »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 11:30 »
I have decided to leave the TV switched ON -  reading what you have all told me, basically, if its all switched 'off' it won't work.   ::)  Thanks guys and gals,  Mrs B

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 07:44 »
It would be fine to unplug or switch off the power supply to the TV every night - it's the Humax box that does all the thinking/updating/remembering of recording schedules etc.

I've got far more 'gadgets' than sockets so those related to the TV are all plugged into a a 4-way extension socket with individual switches. Makes it easy to cut the standby power to just one appliance (especially if you label the plugs/adaptors with what they're connected to!)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 36 queries.