Do youngsters still bake cakes?

• 23 Replies

chillimummy

Re: Do youngsters still bake cakes?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 10:06 »
My 12 year old daughter loves to bake and has done for ages. No help needed anymore. Her most popular cake is chocolate and almond and is lovely  :)
Not to be out done my 10 year old son does well too and with bit of help makes lovely mince pies  :)
We havent bought any birthday cakes this year as they have made them and they are so yummy  :) 
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 10:36 »
2 of my daughters enjoy a good baking session. I've even had homemade birthday cakes made for me. I bake with all my grandchildren.....sometimes 6 of them together  :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: They always help with the Crist....... cake. Pies, crumbles etc etc etc are all on the list of achievements.  :)

compostqueen

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 10:38 »
It's made with wholemeal bread, preferably WW.  I make it with any wholemeal bread  :)  It's healthy, tasty and nutritious but you can't eat the whole pud obviously  :D

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 10:57 »
My daughter has her own cake making business, and tries out new recipes all the time. She also does puds and pies, and the amount she does shows many do not want/cannot make their own festive foods  :blink:

The plus side is that her four daughters all adore cooking, and the second to youngest (3 1/2) put a grater on her seasonal present list this year  :D  as she is not allowed to use the sharp ones (There is a style that is like an old fashioned roll round cheese grater she had seen)

So in answer to your question Pamela, some do and some don't , and for some who don't , others do  :lol:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

chillimummy

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 11:46 »
My mum always baked on a Sunday and Wednesday partly for financial reasons but pleasure too. My children have grown up with her baking and to a lesser extent mine! Am not as good as her  :(
I suppose if home baking is around you and the encouragment is there then it all follows  ???

Elaine G

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 20:56 »
My eldest loves to bake. She took over the job of making the Christmas cake a few years ago from my mum, but since she has been home on maternity leave she has been baking some lovely cakes.
I still have to do the Christmas pud though - that's not exciting  :lol:

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

Casey76

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 08:43 »
I think you have to start them young ;)

I learned to bake by watching my gran when I was about 3, and I've loved to bake ever since.

Last night I was "donated" a tin of black treacle as I had promised to make a ginger cake for the ladies at the stables, then realised I only had a 1/4lb left (it's OK, I take the hint lol!) - and black treacle is something you just can't buy in France.

The ginger cake is a Prue Leith recipe and is absolutely gorgeous - especially after a day or two

Debz

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 08:15 »
My 4 year old boy loves to bake.  Most mornings he'll ask what we are making today?  He likes to look at my "story books" (recipe books) and chooses what we are making by the pictures.  He wont eat cakes though.  He seldom eats anything sweet.

sarajane

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 22:15 »
My 4 year old boy loves to bake.  Most mornings he'll ask what we are making today?  He likes to look at my "story books" (recipe books) and chooses what we are making by the pictures.  He wont eat cakes though.  He seldom eats anything sweet.

This reminds me of nearly 30 years ago when one of my boys used to say this on a virtual daily basis.  He still loves to bake and if there any over ripe bananas its definately bannana cake for him.

I now spend part of every saturday baking with the grandkids and they always go home with either jam tarts or some type of fairy cakes.  I'm late with my Christmas cakes this year as I haven't had them for the last 3 weeks and they always help with these.  They keep reminding me not to make them without them and are coming this weekend so I know what I will be doing on saturday  :)

xx
what do you think about the new bake off programme

Started by chrissie B on Kitchen Natter

5 Replies
Last post May 22, 2016, 22:25
by chrissie B
xx
Bake Off 2014

Started by Asherweef on Kitchen Natter

35 Replies
Last post October 31, 2014, 18:50
by mumofstig
xx
Sausages in a tray bake

Started by mrs bouquet on Kitchen Natter

7 Replies
Last post August 20, 2020, 17:10
by mrs bouquet
xx
One way to keep the house warm on a cold day... bake!

Started by mumofstig on Kitchen Natter

6 Replies
Last post May 15, 2020, 19:49
by Growster...

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 38 queries.