Ladie's foundation problem.

• 7 Replies

Goosegirl

Ladie's foundation problem.
« on: July 31, 2018, 13:43 »
When I lifted my foundation bottle out of my make-up bag I didn't notice the top had come loose, so the tube came out and flicked some foundation onto my new white blouse!  :mad: I put it into a bowl of soapy water - nope. Put some Vanish on it then put it in the washer - nope. Put some dry-cleaning type fluid on it. Helped a bit but one spot is still there. Any suggestions? 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

Re: Ladie's foundation problem.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 14:43 »

Trycloroethelene, now called Triclorethane. (if you can get hold of it).  When in the mob, it was found that the contents of the chemical fire extinguishers was very good stain remover,  until on the annual inspection, some were found to be empty!

Cheers,  Tony.

I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

madcat

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 15:29 »
Following, as I have a similar problem from Sainsbury's sunscreen.  Came out of the wash lime-green round collars and cuffs of white cotton.  :mad: Their solution "As you may be aware, the label for this product includes a warning advising to avoid contact with fabrics, as staining may occur.  As a result, we feel we’ve done all we can to alert our customers of the risk."  So use it starkers, or leave a sunburnt clothes protection area.   ::)  Great.

Vanish bar on the spot, and a day soaking in vanish have reduced it to dull orange after a bio wash, but still there.  Just like a foundation mark on the collar of a blouse.  Not sure if we have any trich left.... :unsure:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Toosje

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 15:51 »
For greasy stains I use a spray based on citrus oil. The brand here is Treffer, sounding very Dutch, so probably not sold in England. Maybe a similar product though. It works really well, especially on something with color and grease in it. I buy it at a shop with all kinds of household stuff: from cutlery, to baking stuff, candles, soaps and so on.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 15:04 »
I have just used vanish on my blouse, because I splashed curry sauce all down it, there was already a chocolate smudge as well.  Vanish didn't touch any of it, useless.
Applied a tiny drop of bleach to all of the marks, left in a bowl of water for 1 hour, then quick wash in machine.   All gone.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 22:44 »
Thinking back to what my mom used to do with stains she used salt, yep table salt worked on a lot of stains, if there was grease on any thing she would get a brown envelope place it over the greasy stain iron the envelope where the greasy stain is, then take the envelope away the grease is on the envelope and not on the clothing sorted :D.
Another good stain remover is Epsom salts, cheap to buy unlike that vanish stuff very expensive and it does not work, hope this may be of some help ;).

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 13:50 »
It's a beautiful blouse that's meant to be worn outside trousers and the stubborn little stain spot is on the front near the bottom. Vanish - forget it! I was going to wear it on Saturday as one of my dear friends is taking me out for my birthday lunch, but have decided to wear my pre-birthday meal outfit instead. I will get that mark out and thanks for al your help. I'll let you know how it goes.

jaydig

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 17:18 »
Having just purchased a not very comfortable bra, I looked at the heading for your post GG, and thought you were having the same problems as me :D

xx
I bet that's going to cause a problem

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post December 06, 2022, 16:22
by Aunt Sally
clip
Doc problem.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post October 20, 2019, 14:40
by Goosegirl
xx
Car problem, anyone else had similar?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2022, 20:06
by Boston digger
xx
i don't have a problem with badgers but...

Started by Hortic on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post March 21, 2024, 18:51
by Hortic

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 46 queries.