Melon ' EmirF1'

• 10 Replies

MrsPea

Melon ' EmirF1'
« on: August 10, 2014, 15:18 »
Just thought I would show you all what else I'm growing in the green house, it's been fun watching it grow every day

This is a baby one growing
003.JPG
I Love my green house

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Melon ' EmirF1'
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:49 »
Well done - melons aren't easy to grow, but very satisfying when they do (I grew Sweetheart melons successfully a few years ago, but they failed miserably the following year.  :()
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

rosiecider

• Experienced Member
  • rosiecider
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 13:07 »
Who is a clever Mrspea  ;) I am  growing mine in a Wilkinson bargain walk in £20 greenhouse but I think it is too humid  some of the flowers look as if they are going to produce some fruit as they die off there is a little swelling but then they rot off, have no room in the clear greenhouse due to overrun with toms, chillies and peppers ... next year though !  :D :D
:D I garden therefore I am

Snoop

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 10:10 »
Who is a clever Mrspea  ;) I am  growing mine in a Wilkinson bargain walk in £20 greenhouse but I think it is too humid  some of the flowers look as if they are going to produce some fruit as they die off there is a little swelling but then they rot off, have no room in the clear greenhouse due to overrun with toms, chillies and peppers ... next year though !  :D :D

More likely a lack of pollination.

MrsPea

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 18:50 »
Here's the first Melon cut, it was gorgeous and so sweet, one more to have this weekend not bad for a first timer  :)
Melon Cut.JPG

MrsPea

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 18:55 »

I pollinated mine with a little brush I only did a few of the flowers, I also left the green house door open for insects to come in  :) I shall certainly do them again next year nothing beats home grown fruit and veg.  :)

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 19:20 »
I had beginner's luck with mine. I planted two plants outdoors, ignored them apart from water, and I have had 5 tasty melons!  :) Edonis. Have got 1 in the greenhouse. will certainly grow more plants next year.

spud

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 20:31 »
Here's the first Melon cut, it was gorgeous and so sweet, one more to have this weekend not bad for a first timer  :)

I can almost taste that.... looks great very satisfying, did you grow them on trellis or let them ramble? I'm undecided which would suit my greenhouse best as regards utilising space! that spacing is required/plant? tia
Best Regards,

spud

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 10:46 »
Well done looks delicious.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

MrsPea

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 18:35 »

I can almost taste that.... looks great very satisfying, did you grow them on trellis or let them ramble? I'm undecided which would suit my greenhouse best as regards utilising space! that spacing is required/plant? tia

After the cucumbers finished I did them in the same box and compost then trailed them along the staging when they got a bit bigger, I didn't have a good year with my cucumbers  >:(

spud

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 20:44 »
Thanks   :)

xx
best melon

Started by brookegard on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

1 Replies
Last post August 07, 2011, 10:23
by LilacSandy
xx
Melon leachate

Started by Hortic on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

0 Replies
Last post June 30, 2023, 16:15
by Hortic
xx
Melon troubles

Started by Kleftiwallah on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

3 Replies
Last post August 24, 2023, 12:40
by Hortic
xx
melon polination

Started by jezza18 on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

2 Replies
Last post September 12, 2018, 16:18
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 38 queries.