Help with my chillies

• 4 Replies

beth123

• Experienced Member
Help with my chillies
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:31 »
Morning all

I need  some advice regarding my chillies. I've planted them according to the packet and had them in the heated propogator at the correct temperature and they were doing really well.  As soon as they reach  a certain height they die. I've tried starting them off in the propogator then moving them to the windowsill and those died too.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

jjbull

Re: Help with my chillies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:37 »
how much were you watering them, how long were you leaving them in the propogator for before taking them out what varieties, the more info you can give the better answers you will receive

bigben

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:10 »
Possible problems could be that the windowsill is too cold and this is stressing them. Or perhaps the propagator is allowing them to suffer from damping off if they are being kept in too long and overwatered.

What height are they getting to before dying and what symptoms do they show just before they die?

Springlands

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 09:31 »
Beth - if you can maintain a reasonable temperature on your windowsill I would forget about the propagator and just try to grow the Chillies on the windowsill. That is what I usually do and I have not had any problems. I plant them in small individual pots and cover them with small domes (the bottoms of soft drink bottles) until they germinate. This usually works for me.

beth123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 17:07 »
They are called Pepper Lanter. I planted them on the 22nd of feb and once they got to about 3 - 5 cm i took them out. I've watered them every few days. One day they looked healthy the next they were bent over and died within a few days.

xx
Chillies

Started by clarebear on Grow Your Own

47 Replies
Last post January 13, 2008, 18:25
by mashauk
xx
Chillies

Started by carlrmj on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post March 03, 2012, 09:52
by Chiswickian
xx
chillies

Started by pauly58 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 12, 2014, 21:19
by mobilekat
xx
Chillies help please.

Started by willnbirdie on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 16, 2008, 19:14
by peapod

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 38 queries.