Help, I'm a bag of nerves

• 32 Replies

Junie

Re: Help, I'm a bag of nerves
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 17:32 »
Oh, that must be such a relief.

Congrats on going clear! TB testing is a very worrying time, we have been under restrictions for over a year now and have our next test on Monday :(. We have sent 6 off so far and all of them have come back clear which makes the whole thing worst. All our girls are dry at the moment ready to start calving at the end of the month  so very stressful time. I know exactly  what your going through.
I have to admit, that if they are tested after slaughter and found clear, how come you are still under restrictions..  I don't understand!! What is the point of further testing?

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 18:53 »
I have to admit, that if they are tested after slaughter and found clear, how come you are still under restrictions..  I don't understand!! What is the point of further testing?

I think the idea is that there may be infection developing so a second test reveals it.

I still don't understand why they don't vaccinate in hotspots at least - after all, vaccination ended smallpox
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Spana

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 21:39 »
Congrats on going clear! TB testing is a very worrying time, we have been under restrictions for over a year now and have our next test on Monday :(. We have sent 6 off so far and all of them have come back clear which makes the whole thing worst. All our girls are dry at the moment ready to start calving at the end of the month  so very stressful time. I know exactly  what your going through.

Over a year with such stress is dreadful, and theres me whinging about 1 afternoon.  I really feel for you M-H and to have them all came back clear is just rubbing salt in the wounds.  Do you still have to have 2 clear tests or is it 1as  they haven't found any lesions? I'll certainly be thinking of you on Monday, I'm sure the others here will be too.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 21:45 »
So pleased for you Spana, and fingers crossed for you Mother Hen xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Mother-Hen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 10:34 »
Sorry Spana, only just read your reply. Yes we have to go clear over to tests tohave the restrictions lifted. Ministry vet coming tomorrow. Not sure if this is for good or bad. Fingers crossed though I'm sure it will be fine :)
Sometimes you have to accept that somedays you are the pigeon and somedays you are the statue!

joyfull

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 11:08 »
fingers crossed for you mother-hen xx

Spana

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 11:15 »
...and from us here. Is it 1st or 2nd test.

Mother-Hen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 15:56 »
It was the first of two before we can go clear. All done now girls all behaved themselves, will just have to wait 'til thursday now. I have to say the vet from the ministry was really nice and helpful. Lets hope his in a good mood on Thursday and it's not raining  :(

joyfull

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 16:52 »
good luck for Thursday, not sure I could cope with the stress  :(

Spana

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 20:27 »
...and good luck from both of us here.  Been thinking of you today wondering how it was going.  Cant have been easy putting that number through. Are they all inside?

Hope it goes as well on Thursday.

Spana

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 18:17 »
How did the TB test go Mother Hen :unsure:

Mother-Hen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 06:28 »
Sorry I have been so busy that I haven't been near a computer for weeks. Just thought I'd let you know our tb test didn't go so well. Had 4 inconclusives, 1 of which was inconclusive at the last test so she automatically becomes a reactor so she has gone and we wait for the results, which will probably be clear they always are. So we are still under restriction and will have to go through the whole thing again in sixty days. Fortunately I am to polite to say what I would like to say about the whole thing but to say I am mortified is an understatement. But hey-ho life goes on and our busy time is coming up with all our girls about to calf we won't have too much time to think about it

joyfull

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 07:02 »
so sorry  :(, hang on in there and remember we are all here to listen should you need to rant - thats what friends are for xxx

Mother-Hen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 16:03 »
Thanks for that Joyful. It's just so frustrating knowing that the whole thing is such a farce. All the girls we have had to send off have all come back negative so far which would suggest that the original test is very flawed. But who are we to question th goverment's decisions, of course they always know best especially were British farming is concerned, look at the hash up that they've made of it so far.

Spana

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 22:21 »
Bad time for you Mother Hen.  Have been wondering how you were getting on.

Its hard to explain how awful it is putting each animal through to be checked, I cant help anymore.  
A whole industry has built up around TB,   and the vets around here seem to spend most days doing TBtests.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 22:28 by Spana »

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 38 queries.