Very annoying insurance company service.

• 6 Replies

Goosegirl

Very annoying insurance company service.
« on: July 08, 2018, 13:28 »
We changed our car insurance to another company last year because the current one we use for home contents and personal possessions never seemed to get the details correct. I contacted our current one to add five items to our personal possessions policy and what an absolute faff! I had to give them all the details three times, was reassured several times that it would be approved by their managers, finding out that it hadn't been passed on to the appropriate department, and finally sorted out by someone with a brain. Got a letter saying please review the items on the enclosed list. Where's the list? They forgot to attach it! All this involved numerous phone calls (as per usual with them) so am going to change to our car insurers and don't need to pay a penalty for doing so. Anyone else find you have to do peoples work for them?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

al78

Re: Very annoying insurance company service.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 20:08 »
Welcome to the flaky UK.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 12:03 »
Yes, virtually all the time.
I am going on hols this year, on a cruise for 7 days, never been before, and not had a holiday for 4 years.
Rang a company for Insurance, and after several hours of medication, operations, illnesses, when how and why
Oh, do you want to know my blood group as well.  Have you got high blood pressure, no but I probably have now.....  Eventually she upsold me to an annual policy.
After the conversation I realised that was not what I wanted.   So I rang back after a couple of days.
Please can you change this policy for  a 7 day one. - No, we shall have to cancel it.   -  OK, then what -
You will have to take out a new policy.    OK 
And would you believe I had to go through all the procedure all over again, I just didn't bother to listen to her going on about this and that, put the 'phone on loud, and prepped my dinner.
Yes the most in-efficient and frustrating people in the whole world.
I do my car insurance with Shelia's Wheels.   I always tell them that my quote is better somewhere else then they reduce it.  I also tell them I have access to drive another car.  This apparently lessens the risk to my vehicle !!!!   (they insure blokes as well)
So I am right behind you on this one, and good luck ::) ::) ::)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 14:15 »
I'm transferring to the one many farmers use which is a Which? Best Buy. No fussing about with the car insurance and, after I transfer the rest to them, I can also take out travel insurance for our cruise next year. They were certainly very good when my dear neighbours went on a cruise up Scotland where one had to be transferred to a hospital in Oban due to a severe infection. There is another company who were amazing when a friend became severely ill abroad, and their communication was second to none. PM me if you want further info.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 19:25 »
Thanks Gg, If I can remember how to pm, I will,  Ta  Mrs Bouquet

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 12:54 »
Needed to renew house insurance so phoned with copy of renewal notice and cards in hand.

They wanted name, address, & reference number no problem, then they asked for date of birth. Why? to prove who I am. That started me off as not necessary as I am paying a bill.

Did battle, no movement, so ended the call.

Even a written letter did not resolve this, as they insisted they were correct to demand this.

Went into branch handed over renewal notice & card all paid, shame I had to add a 20 mile round trip to the carbon footprint.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 15:57 »
 :mad: :nowink: :mad: :nowink: Mrs Bouquet

xx
Annoying adverts.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post May 20, 2018, 11:44
by John
xx
best dinner service

Started by wighty on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post August 27, 2023, 09:17
by Goosegirl
xx
Thompson and Morgan - Poor service

Started by adri on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post March 27, 2019, 15:33
by adri
xx
Sutton seeds and their pitifull service

Started by Amilo on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post January 06, 2022, 15:11
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 38 queries.